Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EA seems to be running hot. On an average day (below 30 degrees) it will sit on half on the temp gauge all day. On a hot day 30 - 35 degrees, when I switch on the AC, the temp gauge will go to 3/4. Surely this is not right.
If I stop at the lights it goes even higher. I know EA are renowned for there cooling problems but I am unsure of where to start. I have 2 thermo fans in the garage which I could fit. I am not sure if this is the problem or the radiator needs a flush or something else.
Also could anybody post a brief rundown of how to wire up thermos!

All help greatly appreciated.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
You need to flush your radiator.
Your fan will be fine so long as it's the 10 blade unit rather than the 5.

Rick.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
The blades are roughly the same size, the 10 blade unit was fitted to later EA's as the 5 blade unit is not as efficient.

Rick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my ea temp was up and down while driving i read a post on this forum about getting thermostat with holes in the body i did just that installed it and from that moment on drove like a charm temp never fluctuated again, dont ask me what it did but it worked i had replaced rad,water pump fan etc,etc and putting thermostat with 4 holes drilled 2 either side of centre done job unreal eh ?
regards
tbarr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts