Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EA seems to be running hot. On an average day (below 30 degrees) it will sit on half on the temp gauge all day. On a hot day 30 - 35 degrees, when I switch on the AC, the temp gauge will go to 3/4. Surely this is not right.
If I stop at the lights it goes even higher. I know EA are renowned for there cooling problems but I am unsure of where to start. I have 2 thermo fans in the garage which I could fit. I am not sure if this is the problem or the radiator needs a flush or something else.
Also could anybody post a brief rundown of how to wire up thermos!

All help greatly appreciated.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
if you're serious.... throw away the radiator and buy a new one. i got mine for $170. dont **** around with getting it flushed as an EA radiator is now 16 years old and well and truley rooted. sure they'll take your money and say "we'll flush it for you". but when you get it back it'll either be "its still 40% blocked" or "we poked a hole in it, you need a new one".

If you dont want to spend any money for the moment, take the radiator out and take the side tanks off. these are plastic and are held on with clips. you can either clean out the side tanks and leave it at that, or attemt to rod it. I wouldnt recommend this, but if you want to give it a go before you spend money on a new one go ahead. the dipstick is the perfect size for rodding the cores. gently! as i said, the core is 16 years old and is ****ed! forget trying to weld it if it springs a leak, it just springs more where ever you apply heat. you will not be able to clean all the passages so dont try. this is all from experience. I attempted to rod mine but ended up just buying a new one.

remember to flush the block whichever way you go.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
sorry, it was actually $180. It is a 'Pantha' 2 core. I had to shop around, but I eventually bought it from "The Radiator Warehouse" in kilburn.

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
Just get another one , that price sound around the mark i used to pay $180 for natrad ones..But they have gone up to $220 i think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts