Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
xrlover
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new to this site but all the posts on this site have helped me heaps.
I have just had the head and head gasket done and when I started it up it was misfiring slighty while idling. I drove to work then on the way back it died and wouldnt start at all. after much stuffing around and the replacement of the leads, TFI module, Module inside the dissy, coil and spark plugs its running again, but misfire still present, it seems fine while driving but sometimes while its idling it gets real bad then you turn it off and start it again and then there will only be a slight misfire.

Sorry about the massive post but this car is really pissing me off!!!(cant wait to get my EL).

·
xrlover
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its not losing coolant and plugs are the right colour and it has plenty of power while driving, could an ISC solenoid cause it, cos in the self diagnosis test codes 12 and 16 are present?

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Leads crossfiring?
Also double-check the coil lead, my brother's car did this a while ago and it turned out to be the coil lead shorting onto the dipstick!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
If it only does it hot that's usually the electrics, coil or TFI for preference. But you replaced them.
Hmm.

If you like you could bring it up to my place and swap parts at random until we fix it :p

·
xrlover
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I havent replaced the rotor arm or dissy cap yet I might try that, thanks for the offer i might take u up on that if this doesnt work.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts