Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at howsafeisyourcar.com.au, I saw it in the ILS Automotive forum, and looked up the EA, and it got a rating of 5 out of 5 stars! The EB, ED and EF got 4 stars I think, and most of the Holdens got like 3 stars I think. Check it out for yourself anyways...

Alex

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
hehe I was just answering this on FordForums yesterday I think. The EA has outstanding safety features such as:

* most are 3 speed autos with tall 1st gear
* limited interest by enthusiasts
* often older, more mature drivers
Can't argue with that. The 5 star rating is based on real world crash statistics. Now let's all drive safely and keep the tradition... :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
statistics ?

That infomation must be based on crash statistics , because the EA Falcon has no airbag wile the EFs major selling point when new was that it had an airbag as standard eqiptment.

I think the EA would be safer in a crash than one of those little bubble cars live a festiva or barina , simply because there is more steel to compress and crush before the shockwve reaches the cabin.

I dont intend on finding out.

West EA

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Re: statistics ?

Just to clarify: it is not based on crash tests like NCAP - obviously an EA would be out-performed by most other cars of the same size.

Basically, EA drivers rather than the cars are responsible for the positive result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts