Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i have a bit of money and i am planning to get more power out of my EA, i was wondering if it is worth while puting and EB XR6 head on the 3.9 block, do they fit ok? or would i gain more power out of working my 3.9 head. And would i need to change my computer with the XR6 head?( i am runing a manual and multi point)

·
Registered
126 Posts
i was thinking of doing the exact same mod to do to my ea s-pack, all i know is that the xr6 engine has the same block as a normal 4.0L engine, there is no work done to the block. any help from anyone on this thread would be appreciated

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
the EB XR blocks are the same, but the pistons are different to give more compression, which wont affect you anyway.

EB XR6 head flows 330hp stock as far as i know, so its a very good base for mods, it has larger exhaust valve than stock heads as well.

i think there will be only a slight gain if anything fitting this head to a 3.9 if you keep the 3.9 cam etc, but if you get a nice big cam and a chip it will be worth it, as the airflow potential of the head will be utilised.

·
LET EM' RIPPP
1,819 Posts
Yeah Rollin is spot on with that one, but I think the head may be a little hard to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts