Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ford Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, so be kind.
I am looking at buying an EB/ED XR8 and I am wondering what is the going rate is for them. It does not matter if it is auto or man as it will not be standard for long. Also what are the ED sprints going for these days?

Thanks.

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
Might want to consider an ED XR6 instead- they go faster without needing as many mods, theyre faster as stock, theyre lighter, theyre a bit cheaper to maintain, and they only have one cylinder head - Something you may want to consider when youre thinking about doing port work / compression ratio bumps / intake-exhaust setting up. And its a piece of piss to bung a turbo or two onto it.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
EB XR8s generally go for between $10-13k and EDs a couple of grand more. The Sprints seem to vary alot, Ive seen some asking up to $24k, but I wouldnt pay more than $17-18k for one.

Oh and if you find a decent Manual one I want it :p
Ive been thinking a 5.0L Fairmont Ghia maybe be a better option though as most have lower than ave kms, and arnt generally thrashed and are cheaper. Problem is the Auto :(

Good luck in finding one though!:cool:

Dicokin6
I agree a Turbo XR6 would be nice, but wouldnt it be cheaper to just to buy a GLi and bolt a turbo to that. With the money saved you could get more mods, would go just as hard, and would be an ultimate sleeper :cool:

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
Martin said:
Discokin6
I agree a Turbo XR6 would be nice, but wouldnt it be cheaper to just to buy a GLi and bolt a turbo to that. With the money saved you could get more mods, would go just as hard, and would be an ultimate sleeper :cool: [/B]
hmm, agreed, but the XRs already have a sportier suspension setup, and if youre lucky enough it came with a premium brake package too - it equals less time & money spent to get it to take corners better, like a car should.. and besides, Tickford dashes look wicked :cool:

·
Ford Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has to be an XR8 or at the right price, a Fairmont/LTD, as I used to have an EB XR8 (still pissed of that I got rid of it). It will not be standard for long as it will be stroked and blown so kms on the car do not really matter.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
In Canberra there is an EBXR8 SerI at one yard for $10990, has cruise and Simmons mags. At another yard there was a EBXR6 SerII for same price, no cruise and factory mags. At another :eek:(Holden) yard there is a RedEDXR6 (red ones are worth more I reckon!:D) in immac condition 54000km for $18990. A few months back my mate traded his immac EDXR8 on an ELGT ($20000 change over) and the yard was then asking $20000 for it. I tried to strike a deal with the salesman to trade my EB (it was going to cost me about $17000 change over, too much I reckon) but they wouldn't give me enough for my car and wouldn't budge off $20000 for the XR. EFXR6 can be had for around $18000, I've seen them advertised as low as $13990 in Sydney but it would probably be rough for that sort of money.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Falchoon, where about in Canberra is that EB XR8 series 1?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Auto Sales Centre
6 -8 Brookes St Mitchell 2911 (02) 6242 8880

It is white with charcoal interior, also has CD player.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Falchoon said:
Auto Sales Centre
6 -8 Brookes St Mitchell 2911 (02) 6242 8880

It is white with charcoal interior, also has CD player.
Thanks, I might go check it out on the weekend :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts