Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found an EB GT for sale and my young fella is pretty interested in it, I just wanted to know roughly what it is worth any help and info would be great, Here is what I know about the car
93 EB GT #50
87,750 kms
Black
Manual
car is in excellent condition
Cheers , Ray.

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Check the VIN with Ford to make sure its not a fake.

1993 FORD FALCON
EB II Sedan GT 4dr Man 5sp 5.0i
average kms 120,000 - 150,000
trade in price guide* $11,800 - $14,000
national average price - private sale* $13,500 - $16,800
price when new (RRP) $62,500

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
dave_au said:
Check the VIN with Ford to make sure its not a fake.

1993 FORD FALCON
EB II Sedan GT 4dr Man 5sp 5.0i
average kms 120,000 - 150,000
trade in price guide* $11,800 - $14,000
national average price - private sale* $13,500 - $16,800
price when new (RRP) $62,500
if those figures are from red book then they are full of shyte.....unless you are buying a car that is, then show the owner them.

Redbook undervalues cars something shocking...i wouldn't even bother with them.

It sounds nice....I haven't been reading the mags lately but Id say anywhere between $18k-25k would be about right.

If I had an EB GT and only got $16k for it I would be spewing! Thats AU XR8 money, or even a nice EL XR8.

How much does the guy want for that GT? hmm Black is good and those K's are mega low, sounds good.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
yeh i think the 18k - 25k estimate is a bit more realistic than the 16k one

and this particular car sounds as though its been looked after and is a manual which is good too so id say over 20k

where abouts is this car for sale? id reckon a few guys off here might be interested if youre not!

cheers

dave

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I bet he's asking around $30,000.
Cheers John

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Hmmm....

Nice car the EB GT.

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Yeah, I know, redbook can be overtly dubious at times, but really, you don't want to be the poor sucker who wants to pay too much than what the car is worth. Some people will sit on a high price for weeks, just hoping that someone will come along in a hurry and buy the car with little research.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
What are you still doin up Shane LOL you should be in bed.
Cheers John

·
AUPS Member
658 Posts
wow i never new they were so cheap!!! i would have paid 30,000 for one, probaly still would even knowning there not worth that, but there such a great car!!!!!!

·
Just Dreamin'
98 Posts
yeh i would pay around $30k for one, well thats what i think they are going for over in WA at least. I know they wernt that popular when brand spankin new but with the new GT out and Fords one handed affair on the V8 championship the prices will only rise as they get older and rarer what ever the price I say go for it.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
If he only wants the redbook price for it, then give me his details cause ill buy it!!!

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
GTP 320 said:
What are you still doin up Shane LOL you should be in bed.
Cheers John
And your excuse is?

:angel:

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Okay, everyone hates redbook etc, but really the market price depends on what people are willing to pay and whether the product is so exclusive to be a sellers (name your price) market.

Of interest, Ive been bumming around on tradingpost, there is a 93 EB GT in Qld with the usual specs that has only done 21,000km (hmmmm) and they want 33k for it. for a car thats 10 years old, that has held half of its purchase price. There is also a replica EB GT from 91, v8 auto, km not stated for $8500.

Another one in Qld, EB GT2, 130,000, wants 23k

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
As an X owner of a EB GT I can tell you its worth between 20000 30000 all day, I traded mine 16 months ago on my T3 and got high 20000s, mine was in as ex cond with 94000 on it, If you could get for the red book price grab it !! Hope this helps....

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
Ray,

If it's the same car, in Melbs. outer west I drove it last week. Insides been looked after but the body could do with a clean up. By the look of it it needs a new front spoiler. Having said that it's a nice car to drive it pulls alot more than my auto. I bought mine from the same yard a couple of years ago. I think you could talk him down a tad.

I already asked my wife and she won't let me have two. Worth a go I think.

Scott

·
2,512 Posts
GT BLOKE said:
Ray,

If it's the same car, in Melbs. outer west I drove it last week. Insides been looked after but the body could do with a clean up. By the look of it it needs a new front spoiler. Having said that it's a nice car to drive it pulls alot more than my auto. I bought mine from the same yard a couple of years ago. I think you could talk him down a tad.

I already asked my wife and she won't let me have two. Worth a go I think.

Scott
how much did he have on it?

·
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scott

Yep thats the one,It is going to be fully repaired and detailed for the sticker price.
The only thing that bothers me is the condition of the rims,pretty expensive to replace i believe.thanks for your thoughts.

Ray

·
2,512 Posts
phantom said:
Scott

Yep thats the one,It is going to be fully repaired and detailed for the sticker price.
The only thing that bothers me is the condition of the rims,pretty expensive to replace i believe.thanks for your thoughts.

Ray
yeh those rims are pretty hard to find too

i think you could probably get them repaired if they arent too damaged

·
Not a Twink
1,086 Posts
Be interested to know what he wanted for it. I wouldn't pay anymore then $20,000 for an EB GT as EL GT's are now in the low 30's

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
Ray,

It will be good to see another one locally.

From what I can gather, youre the bloke who gives a wave when I've got mine out sometimes.

All the best with it.

Scott.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts