Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EB 5.0 FALCON
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys this is the deal.
Im looking at buying an EB series 2 4.0 i6 or an EB XR6.
now standard the Xr6 is faster but im planning on getting the dev-3hl kit from JMM. the figures should be about 150rwkw but i know it might now be that much. but is there any advantage of doing this package on the xr6 over the standard eb? or should i just get the normal falcon and get the kit? coz most eb series 2's go for 3-4 grand but xr6's go for around 7, is it worth paying and extra 3 grand?

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
for the extra 3k you get much better seats, better wheels, a better steering wheel, a 3.45LSD, slightly different suspension angles at the rear for a lower roll centre, a "falcon S XR6" badge on the boot thats NOT fake, probably also ABS, stiffer front anti-roll bar, factory suspension that sits at king spring 'low' height, red rocker cover with tickford wings cast into it, a head with a tickford 'T' cast into it (that already flows a good amount of air) and probably some stuff i have forgotten.

the bonus you get from buying an XR6 is if you want to upgrade stuff (diff, head, cam, wheels etc) then its usually pretty easy to find someone who wants to buy your 'old' stuff, therefore making the 'actual' cost of each mod a bit cheaper than otherwise.

i reckon its worth the extra cash, but then, i would, wouldnt i? :p

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Not bad Rollin - don't forget the boot lip spoiler, painted rear vision mirrors... Drive both, the XR6 is more of a rewarding drive over the standard EB.

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
oh yeah - how could i forget the best spoiler in the business? i would rather the 'stock' XR spoiler to my 'comes with the optional bodykit' oversize one...

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
XR6 will hold resale a hell of a lot better than a modded GL.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
I must agree with the two knowledgable gentlemen above.
(funny thing we all own EB/D XR6's).
me too me too!!! well not the 6 part! :neverlear

·
EB 5.0 FALCON
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it looks like u guys have convinced me to get the XR6, so there will be another xr6 owner in these forums very soon!

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
nice work mate :D

he peoples - add this to your signature:

:sexy: Sexy XR™ Club of Australia - Team Member[FONT] [COLOR]

Proud TQE Operator[FONT] [COLOR]

but put a "/" just before the "B" "FONT" "COLOR" and "CENTER" at the end of wach line so it works properly. :wnc:​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts