Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kypez XR6. Ive done the same mod to my car 2 years ago. Got a pic, would like to compare. mine is on www.geocities.com/motorcity/show/5152/
Talk soon
Rob

K

·
0 Posts
hey eb_5litre,
yeah, thats basically the same as mine, only my car is white and a different bodykit. can you tell me where you got those rims and how much they set you back... NICE!!
well, more later.
Kieran.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Can you guys tell me whats involved in doing it? Approx how much did it cost?

K

·
0 Posts
what exactly are you guys after... the mods to the body? to the engine bay? or the whole thing?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Im after the hole thing, from start to finish....

K

·
0 Posts
Sorry I havent got back to you... the job was done by my cousins mate... I dont really know what went into it... I'm getting some info... will get back to you shortly

·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Martin,
Inner subframe skirts, radiator support and battery plate need to be welded in as replacements for the ea/eb/ed parts. Basically, everything after that is bolted on. Few mods include radiator shroud, aircon hoses and condensor/dryer(if you want aircon). Electric arial(once again, if you want it) and the obvious fresh coat of nicely matched paint. Around $5000 for XR front, if you wanted just gli/fairmont front, might be a tad cheaper...... But whoever welds the radiator support in, get them to ring Hillier boys as it has to be actually welded in approximately 1 inch back and they will give you the exact specs.
Hope this helps.
Rob
:)

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
Hmm well at Http://www.twinlight.com.au
you can get the quad headlights for your falcon at around $500. Sorry not avaliable for the AU's yet. :O((

Will

K

·
0 Posts
Another thing is, the EF/EL bays are shorter than the EB bays. So a big problem is the fan. If you leave the old fan as part of the EB motor, the fan can hit the radiator at high RPM(I learnt the hard way!!! 4 radiators later!!!). This can be avioded by putting a electric fan or pushing the fan as far back as possible... but the electric fan is the best option.

·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeh, like I said, the radiator support has to be moved back 1 inch. I had the front end put on over 2 years ago now and have never had a problem. But I think your 6 cylinder is longer than my V8, thats why the fan hits the radiator. This is was a good point to mention actually Kyprez, for those that ever changeover that have a 6. Ive seent those twinlight jobs and I'm appauled they have gone to the trouble of making twinlights for Holden Commos(Absolutely UGLY) and not yet developed them for the AU falcon.
Ciao,
Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts