Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 93 EB Wagon, which has a good diff. i also have a 96 Series 2 EF Sedan, which has a broken diff.

just wondering, would i be able to use the diff out of the eb in the ef? or possibly just change the centre. in otherwords, are they the same?

Thanks.
Greenie.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ok,
there are some differences i have experienced. But not having played with the diff out of an EF it is hard to confirm one way or another.

For sure the whole housing will not straight swap as one has leaf springs, and the other has coil.

As for changing the centre, it will need to be set up by a professional. The last one of these i had done was $200 to me. Add to that 250 to re-race it while we were at it.

Cheers
Jas

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jas24zzk said:
Ok,
there are some differences i have experienced. But not having played with the diff out of an EF it is hard to confirm one way or another.

For sure the whole housing will not straight swap as one has leaf springs, and the other has coil.

As for changing the centre, it will need to be set up by a professional. The last one of these i had done was $200 to me. Add to that 250 to re-race it while we were at it.

Cheers
Jas
Thanks,

i thought that would the case with the leaf/coil setup. i will call the local transmission people and ask them what sort of money im looking at to get them swaped, and if they know if they are the same.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
greenieofdubbo said:
has anyone got any comments in regards to ratio's? will they be the same (assuming there both factory)?
Have a look for a tag on the diff housing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts