Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Found On Rubbish Dumps
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since adjusting the timing last week on my XR8, i've been having trouble starting the beast. It's ok when cold but when hot its been a pig and today i had to remove and replace the positive terminal on the battery (this resets the comp yes) to get it going! So I'm not sure whether i've adjusted the timing incorrectly (it doesnt ping or anything runs fine) or have an ecu problem or something, any help much appreciated

Mark.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Why did you adjusted the timing, and how did you adjust it, more advance, less advance, exactley what did you change.

Jason

·
Found On Rubbish Dumps
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to get a little pinging every now and then so i decided the timing was out. I adjusted it according to the procedure on the sticker under the bonnet ie grounding out a wire to put the comp/ecu into "self test" mode, then adjusted the timing to what i thought was just under 30 degrees. (lined up mark with edge of metal metal tab that folds over flywheel. so i'd say i've retarded it a bit.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
sounds like it is retarded just a bit too much, just move it slightly more advanced, no need to do the whole procedure, you should now know what direction to move it in, just move it a few milimeters and see how it goes.

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts