Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EB 5.0 FALCON
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at buying an EB XR8 and i was wondering what engine mods i could do for 3 grand and what power would i expect out of those mods?

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
hmmm pretty expensive to mod the early windsors... but if u have the dosh theres plenty of potential... decent exhaust would be a good start then maybe after market heads and manifold to aid breathing... the list goes on! dunno bout power outputs...

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
First mod is exhaust and extractors which should set you back just under $1k. Then try and get hold of a set of GT40P heads and Explorer intake from an AU V8, hopefully cost around $1500-$2000. This will give you somewhere around 200kw and provide a good base for other mods.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
^^^what he said^^^

·
Registered
77 Posts
go and buy the parts pedler some mob are selling gt40p heads and explorer intake for 1300 or 1400 its worth a look

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Thats pretty cheap if its for those 2 combined! If I had the cash I would definitely be considering it!

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah thats what i thought i was considering it but thought just save up and wait for my stroker and alloy heads. they also have au xr8 185kw motors used suit reco 1,100 no manifolds, new ba 4l no price given the place is called.... first auto parts plus 38 brunel rd seaford 3198 ph 97735975

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
thanks for the referral ef05l.

·
AUPS Member
658 Posts
save your money BEASTFORD cause once u get one mod done you have to keep going, then u reliaze that you just spent thousends of $$$ for nothing, money that could go towards your next car!!!

But if you want any mods just do your exhaust and leave it at that!

Im currently saving my money for my next car instead of modding it, cause your never going to get the money u put into your car back when u go to sell it!

But its up to you :) thats just my 2 cents!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Are you gonna enter your car in the SA All Ford Day with us this year, cheahman? You should mate, it'll be fun.

·
EB 5.0 FALCON
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeh cheaman its true u dont get your money back, but whats the fun in having a normal car, i want one thatll look good and go good, but i get your point and ill probly do that coz im saving for a house to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts