Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
that is my dad's car!

It is fitted with the upgraded twin turbo kit consisting of the larger twin T3's rather than the T25's.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
geez.... i wish my father did shit like that...
did they change the intake manifold into a intercooler...pretty nifty i reckon!!! sweet idea.

Shan.

·
Registered
582 Posts
so thats how long the xr6 turbo has been researched!!!!!!!!!! :wnc:

i knew a guy who owned a factory xf turbo ... reckons it went like $h!t off a shovel.... man... that would be a neat project...cheap too....

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
That looks a little different to the pictures in the article I have seen. The other thing that says its not the factory item, is that the TT AWD XF never had any hole cut in the bonnet for that sort of intercooler.

The twin turbo AWD XF in the article I have read had completely different plenum to the one pictured there with the intercooler.

Can someone tell me what the hell that alloy thing in the middle is, it looks like to compressor housings joined together by something.

Attachments

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
No, that would be the bit thats connected to the plenum.

·
oh no! I've gone ford mad
134 Posts
looks to me like the compressor housings are joined and one air intake is used... the rear turbo would face as normal turbos do, and the front one face 'backwards' geez wish I had that dosh right now, it's be goin straight on my corty!

Craig

·
Registered
180 Posts
hey,

do the t3 turbo's bolt onto that manifold or do they require a different one. Does anyone have any info regarding these set ups ie the computer/injectors and power and torque figures.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
66 Posts
A T3 will not bolt up to a T25 flange, however a pair of ballbearing t28s from a late model 200sx ( sylvia ) would be nice.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Yeah, that is an intercooler.

When was there a statement saying it wasnt?

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
that is totally different to the one on the awd falcon (which is a one of) my father has sitting in his shed right now. It ran two extra injectors and things like that was what held the car back from being really powerful (268 kw and capable of much more), it is gettin motec and a huge engine upgrade as well as respray should be finished in around 6 months time, i would post pics but it is in so many pieces it looks like a basket case.

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
The car is going to run the same water to air intercooler designed for it by ait slightly modified so it runs cooler. When i get a chance i will load some pics for yous.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts