Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TQE FAIRMONT GHIA
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the horn pad off my ED Ghia and forgot to take note of the way the wires went. now i cant get the horn to stop going off.whoops. also now the cruise does not turn on. I have tried the wires all different ways I mean some are only certain lengths so can only go in certain places etc. I took the actual pad part apart and the two metal bits only seem to seperated by a tiny piece of foam? is that the way its meant to be?? HELP

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
yes but the foam compresses and wears out hence the contacts are touching all the time,, Cut another little circle out of some new stuff...

·
TQE FAIRMONT GHIA
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just tried that still goes off is it only likely to be doing it cause the contacts are touching? Im pretty sure the wires are on correctly but I still need some one to confirm it!

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
polarity is not important,, the raised nipples complete the circuit ,, if memory serves me right as you say the wires only reach one way. so im guessing it stops honking when you pull the two plates open?

·
Registered
141 Posts
tibbo said:
yes but the foam compresses and wears out hence the contacts are touching all the time,, Cut another little circle out of some new stuff...
A new horn button assembly from Ford is less than $15.
Secondly, if you look at the schematics, the cruise control will not activate if the horn is on.
So for the price of 3 schooners you are out of trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts