Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now im faced with the option of either buyng a ed and doing it up just like my one was SPHELL u know what it looked like or buying an ef gli_futura and giving it a el xr front end with all my goodies put onto it what shall i do???

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
deppends what u like the look of better, if you're up for a chance, then an EF might be the go-er, but if you're in love with the ED shape, why not get another.
i myself would be going for a newer model simply for the chance!

·
2,922 Posts
How can you go past the EF's for a great body shape! :wnc:

My brother had an ED and I had an EF, the EF is just so much newer in every department. No stupid belts to tighten, no viscous fan, new interior, no distributor, more power, more features, the EF was a much better car.

Cheers....... Tim

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
If you have the option of both for the same price, go the EF. I've got an ED and my brother has an EF (series I, I think). I can't get over how much refined the EF is! Smoother, quieter, more power...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arrrggggh decisions decisions ive jus got back from chappel and the number of ef-el's down ther sorta put me off a bit and im still in love with my car i loved the look of my ed unique in every special way a bit harder to get the ef's to look unique but come up with something

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
The EF is a better, more refined car overall.
If you have enough money it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Rick.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Buy an ED with a stuffed motor, and put EF wiring, engine, interior into it. Then you get the features and power while retaining the ED shape you love so much :)
The most difficult adaptation will be changing the head/tail light plugs on the new loom...

BY far the cheapest way to go, provided you have the time to piss about like that :p

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
EDFPV-6 said:
Arrrggggh decisions decisions ive jus got back from chappel and the number of ef-el's down ther sorta put me off a bit and im still in love with my car i loved the look of my ed unique in every special way a bit harder to get the ef's to look unique but come up with something
Yeah, you're right. There is a sudden boom in the amount of nice "done-up" EF/ELs.

Drop a BA motor in the ED, then you will have something really unique!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ef it is!!!!! time for a change me thinks does ne1 know if ef gli, futura bonnets are the same as el xr bonnets as i will be looking to do the changeover of the front end to the el quad headlight grille plus front bar

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
EF GLi/Futura bonnets will fit either the EF/EL XR front, but the EL bonnet (except for a genuine XR one) will not fit.

·
Fu(kn Slow & Low
479 Posts
in adelaide theres a nice ef with el xr8 front on it slammed on stockies, its a gold colour, looks sweet, but me personally would go for the ed, actually id go for an ea because of the shape, its all personal prefrence really, and you can do the belt conversion and other things with the money you would save rather then putting a different front on a car.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
I guess I can post my thoughts on it:

In all honesty I'd go for an EF onwards, simply because the EF looks like a 'newer' car. I know I'm a biased, but when parking mine next to an AU or VX commodore, the EF doesnt look half as 'dated' as some other models. Its style and shape really lends itself to simple but effective mods, and I think you'll find the interior a bit better than anything before it, I know I do anyway.

But of course that's just my opinion, and having said there there are some VERY nice pre EF's going round, so whatever you do end up with, I'm sure you'll make it look great. Not hard to do with a Falcon! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so the quadheadlight el xr grille + front bumper (one piece) will fit onto ef futura without changing the bonnet?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
excellent wil be doing that conversion but without the wanky bonnet vents and slamming it on its arse so that the guard sits ontop of the rim

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
Zantetsuken said:

My brother had an ED and I had an EF, the EF is just so much newer in every department. No stupid belts to tighten, no viscous fan, new interior, no distributor, more power, more features, the EF was a much better car.

Cheers....... Tim
- No belts to tighten in the ED either
- I'll give ya the fan
- Interiror is good
- The coil packs suck, thats why EL have the same dizzy as the ED
- More power isn't really there, its in the last 500rpm
- But the EF is still a better car.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Well I've owned both and can say the EF is a better car in every way EXCEPT one. The EB/ED handled better. For some reason the EF (and I've driven a number of them just never felt as stable or well connected as the EB/ED. The front of the EF and the back never quiet understand what each is doing.
Some new springs and shocks would probably fix this but it was the first (and only) thing I noticed that was worse then the EB/ED.

Give me my AU anyday, outdrives, handles and comforts all of them.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Zantetsuken said:

Cheers....... Tim
hehe. Tim did you realise what the sign says behind your car in that pic? Not picking on ya, its just an observation!

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
blueoval said:
hehe. Tim did you realise what the sign says behind your car in that pic? Not picking on ya, its just an observation!
Hehehe, Tim, you bad boy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts