Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, any help in sourcing Sprint model numbers etc specifications would be appreciated.
Looking @ a cobolt blue manual, 195000km, ask is $17000
Has all the original badges etc, panel tags, not dinged.
No original owner's manual or service book.
Supposedly has the original unused Michelin spare tyre !
Altered suspension shocks, exhaust, no motor mods apart from HD coil leads etc

any comment appreciated, + or -, go for it guys.

thanks

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
only buy it if you are planning to love it with all your heart!

they were faster than the EB GT, due to the fact they had the same engine, but less weight due to bodykit and luxo crap being deleted. i think they had 188kw at the flywheel.

IMHO they are absolute RIPPERS - and the car you are looking at is EXACTLY the type of sprint i want- cobalt blue manual!!! damn you!!!! lol

i dont know what $$$ they go for, but they are truly nice cars, if you find one that has been looked after.

·
2.77 is a tall ratio :S
336 Posts
this stuff is from FPV

I LOVE SPRINTS BTW!!!

It won Car Australia's Performance Car of 1993 and is now a real favourite amongst Ford performance fans. The Sprint name has yet to reappear but its affordable no-nonsense high performance approach surfaced again in the EL XR8 185kW, AUII XR8 220 kW and TE50 range.

Windsor 5-litre V8, OHV, electronic multi-point fuel injection, 9.00:1 compression, GT-40 big-valve crossflow heads, roller rockers, special camshaft, upgraded throttle body and EEC IV engine management system, performance intake runners, electronic ignition, low restriction exhaust system, 195kW @5000rpm, 405Nm @ 4000rpm

0-100 km/h - 7.3 seconds; Standing 400m - 15.1 seconds.

As you can see they are really kick ass and you are very lucky to be thinking of buying one of these beasts, best luck to you!

·
Phat Drift Damage Victim
985 Posts
There was one of these going down at Southport for $13990, it was white with 98000km on it, XR bodykit and was a manual. As you can probably guess it wasnt for sale long

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
The Sprints are really nice cars and were quick too, but for $17k you could be looking at a standard ED XR8 and have plenty of money for mods which will give you a much better and faster package. All depends on what you are after I guess.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
I think the Ks are a bit high for that price.

Great car but. Last one i saw was sideways from traction loss as he tried to catch me :D

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
oh, and maybe try myford.com.au for info.
Or ring a dealer/ford

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts