Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great site..hope you guys dont mind chatting with Kiwis. have just purchased a high km EB six with a mint body, was going to do the V8 conv but am now tending towards the rebuild with s/charger. Would greatly appreciate all comments an ideas on how far I should go working the 4.0 before the s/charger goes on. Also keen to know best diff ratios for 1/4 mile, and trans ideas. Need to keep these HSV boys in nz honest.
thks

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
What kind of 1/4mile times are you after?

You wont need to work the 4.0L much, maybe add a cam but thats about it unless your looking at 400+hp. As for trans there is basically no aftermarket for the 4 speed Auto so id go with the 5 speed. The standard T-5 maybe alright unless your going to take it to the track and run slicks. But a Tremec TKO will be better and will handle 500+Hp from memory.

Best diff ratio for 1/4 mile would be one so you can cross the line near the redline in 4th gear for manual and 3rd gear for auto.
As the Falcon 6 doesnt like anything above 5000Rpm then the 3.45 diff thats in the XRs should be good for 12s @ about 112Mph with the T5. Anything taller and youll be looking at slower times due to an extra shift.

Theres a guy on here called 'Electric Falcon'(??) thats pulling 180+RearWheel Kw with an Auto EL 6cyl. I think all he's got is a cam, exhaust and a Powerdyne supercharger. I think he's got enough power for high 12s/low 13s with traction

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Martin - Am looking for best 1/4 mile times while at the same time not creating any hassels when on the motorway. Your idea of an XR6 diff soundz the go. I found an XR8 LSD in the paper today - would this be any good? My cousin builds race boats and has been perfecting a Vortech charger on a inj chev, he`s been getting some amazing HP, hes the one who has talked me into sticking with the 4.0 - he has designed his own s/charger based on what was used during the war on the Spitfire`s. He is building a prototype soon and if it works has agreed to make one for the falcon. I`ll let anyone whos interested know the outcome - you never know it could prove to be an affordable alternative to those already in the market.

P

·
0 Posts
Carefull blowing motor with high k'sIff rebuilding? slightly lower compression,Cam,good rings [total seal]For blow by,common with blower,tidy valves up,GOOD valve springs,xr6?Oil cooler, Could start with another motor? Too

P

·
0 Posts
The diff is possibly a 3;27 out of a manaul.Try to get alloy driveshaft they'r better, adjust if any to fit.Fuel enrichment under boost helps either another injector or rising fuel presure regulator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts