Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just got a laptop computer, does anyone know of a program/software for eec diagnostics to be used on a pc?

·
Registered
118 Posts
unless you know how to programme it i wouldnt even think of touching it therer are thousands of programmes in there leave it to the experts and on a dyno

·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only want it for reading fault codes, not programming. Rather than use the led or test lamp.
Cheers

·
Australian EF XR6 Member
155 Posts
I think the hardest part would be getting a socket to fit the diagnostic connector on the car, the rest is probably fairly easy....

Simon

·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a site where they sell the cable for $49US. Just can't locate the software.
Oh Well, i'll just keep an eye out.

G

·
No problem with the connector as Farnell Electronics stocks the plug to go into it.

I don't personally know of a PC program to read the codes but the certainly are hand held devices around to do it. Problem is usually hugh cost and availability for non Ford/industry people.

G

·
we have a broken old hand held box at work for reading error codes just sitting there. makes ya wonder how much its worth :) they have a much better device to read the codes at Ford now. And a whole laptop that sits on the steering wheel for AU's. AU ECU's can be reprogrammed at Ford Dealerships as they have EPROM? programmable memory unlike anything before it. So if they have a problem they can be fixed with a patch even by a apprentice ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts