Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

in the au and ef falcon which one has the smaller body? i like the look of the ef more so im thinkin of getitin and ef

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
pretty much the same, although out of my EF and Dad's AU, the AU does feel like a 'bigger' car to drive.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think the AU is slightly wider maybe but they look bigger but the eye can be decieving.

·
Registered
797 Posts
As previous ppl said the AU is a tad wider, however you get used to the spacious feel of the AU very quickly (as you do with any car). The difference is so insignificante that you should not decide on just that fact. Take both for a test drive and see which one u feel more comfortable with driving in teh first place ...

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Plus the Au is so damn ugly :)

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
The AU tapers at the front and rear much more than the E series do. This in my mind makes it look smaller from the outside.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
mongrelEB said:
Plus the Au is so damn ugly :)
All a matter of preception.
Broad sweeping comments like that are just asking for flames. :AAHHH:

I have an AU1 XR6 which is dead stock and even has the "ugly" 16" rims yet I doubt any person who has seen it in real life would consider it ugly. And that includes a number of E series owners.

Personally I am not a big fan of the EF/EL shape at all, but I dont go making generalised comments putting them down. :fraz:

PS. If it was a joke, add a BIGGER smilie next time. :wnc:

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Hahah as if the AU is ugly, all AUs are nice if you do a bit of work to them, XR's look awesome i think.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
PS. If it was a joke, add a BIGGER smilie next time.
OK this do? :angel: :s6:

Seriously though, I personally prefer the look of the EF stocko by a vast margin. Apologies to all those offended AU owners out there.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
mongrelEB said:
OK this do? :angel: :s6:

Seriously though, I personally prefer the look of the EF stocko by a vast margin. Apologies to all those offended AU owners out there.
Thats cool.

Now if we're talking ugly, well, the VK & VL.............. :wnc:

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey evil chief
I have that front bar on my silver Au. Unmodified like yours. I have a mesh in it and have the ute style grill. from the photo it seems u dont have that cause it looks all black. The bonnet will look nice when painted. The eyelids i would have to look at closer in real life. Maybe if you blacked out the headlights like on the T models. I did the easier thing and bought the Aunger covers with black surroundings. (find these at Supercheap) R u able to get some other pics of your car. Hopefully i will have some of mine in the forum on the Showroom section under the altezza lights thread.
Good to see someone having some fun with the AU. The only reason young kids like the others is cause u can buy an exec and wack a clubsport kit on it.
And what colour respray. I reckon that blood orange colour as blueprint has been done on the Au's already.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, my girlfriend just saw the pics and she likes the eyelids. She reckons that u should have left the front bar the way it was but u should modify your grill to make it completly open. Basically getting rid of that down pointing arrow thing.. Make the emphasis on the front bar as it is unique. I myself have only seen it on one other car in the flesh. Are u a panel beater who created the bonnet. If not where did U get it from. Thanks

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
looks unique. Ditch the eyelids and it would look 10x better. No rice crap on my falcons thankyou ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts