Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Same procedures, different car. You'd need to find the appropriate ef manual ecu to run the car.

·
8 cylinder symphony
1,348 Posts
oh...fordfan351 did it i think...but he also did a v8 conversion at the same time...he could still help you with the transmission side of things...

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Need an EF pedalbox, or modify yours, but the EA box will bolt straight in if you can't find an EF manual.

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Make sure it is an EF model T5 or your shifter position may not match up with the hole in the trans tunnel.

Otherwise what they all said above is 100% correct..

Everything you need is easily available via weckers, and is easy to fit

Wrecker may be able to sell a conversion kit. Manual ecu and even engine loom is handy, but means no more speed sensitive power steering if you have it as the manual loom does not have the supporting plug.

From what others have said i understand you can trick the auto computer to drive a manual, but for me i would rather have the real deal.

Let me know if you decide to go ahead, only to happy to assist.

BTW converting to manual is far and away the best mod i have made to my car, even over the v8 engine, it's was like driving in with one car and driving out with a different car a couple of months later.

I'm sure the fellow converts above would agree, best mod you've done guys?

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Hell yeah, no blower yet for me tho :hehe:
The EA box will fit an EF BTW, have spoken to a guy in the Eastern States who did it.

Alex

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
mongrelEB said:
Hell yeah, no blower yet for me tho :hehe:
Yet??

And it's the AU onward boxes that will not line up, had no idea regarding EA/EB but i do know the EA T5 is the weakest of em all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts