Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for maybe clear tail lights, eg lexus/toyota/mitsu style.

But didnt find anything for the falcon, but i swear ive seen it on a car before. The holdens can get it, because the commodore is a "Chevy" in America and someone did it over there.

But nothing i have found, anyone seen it or know anythin about it tell me or ill shoot them :s2:

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
Which bit of the tail light did you want to be clear,
the whole thing??:p

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The Commodore is not sold in the US as a Chevy, the Cadillac Catera has a similar platform and similar shape but thats about it. Id be more than suprised if the taillights of both are interchangable(sp)

And im assuming clear tail light like the Lexus IS200?

Cant say ive heard of any available for Falcons fortuanatly (cause they look shit IMO)

·
Veteran revhead
413 Posts
Those taillights ar illegal here.

Section 36ZA of the Road Traffic Act (1964) states:

" a) A person shall not affix or suffer to be permitted, the installation of any item to an Australian car which may give cause to classify the vehicle as a ricer.

b)Where a person(s) has fitted such items to an Australian car, he/she is guilty of an offence under the said act.

c)The maximum penalty for a breach of section 36ZA a) of the Act is $50,000 (or vehicle forfieture, whichever comes first) and $5,000 for each day the blasphemy is allowed to occur."

:noNO: :s4

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Road Warrior said:
Those taillights ar illegal here.

Section 36ZA of the Road Traffic Act (1964) states:

" a) A person shall not affix or suffer to be permitted, the installation of any item to an Australian car which may give cause to classify the vehicle as a ricer.

b)Where a person(s) has fitted such items to an Australian car, he/she is guilty of an offence under the said act.

c)The maximum penalty for a breach of section 36ZA a) of the Act is $50,000 (or vehicle forfieture, whichever comes first) and $5,000 for each day the blasphemy is allowed to occur."

:noNO: :s4
ROFL, man that is funny, hmmm my car might be in breach of the Act i've got a momo gearknob. :eek:o1: :eek:o1:

What about those chromey boys, Venom, XLR8 and Nipper.
:wnc: :wnc: :wnc: :wnc:

·
Australian XR Member
134 Posts
Clear!

Just tint them, get some window tint and black the f#@k out of them, looks sweet on the EF's/EL's.

·
Veteran revhead
413 Posts
You are all offenders. :wtf: Infringement notices shall be issued.:s4

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
over tint

i have tinted my tail lights
to the point of "once u go bleck! u dont go beck!"

but i had to take it off, caused me attention from the coppers!

ill redo it in a light tint soon :) with my purple brake lights
lol

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Maybe you could try wiping over with thinners to remove the colouring, advise you try it on an old broken one first.

·
Australian XR Member
134 Posts
Falchoon said:
Maybe you could try wiping over with thinners to remove the colouring, advise you try it on an old broken one first.

If you do it right, you should use brake fluid, that will strip the lence of all its color. It wont leave them clear, they will look a bit smokey but they will still be clear.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
.......... :p

:s2:

i do realise what thinner and fluid does.

the idea was to buy "clear" tail lights like the asian cars / lexus etc.

:)

not to tint them, not to make em smokey :)

CLEAR! DAG NABIT! CLEAR! :s5

oh well :p

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Re: over tint

exodius said:
i have tinted my tail lights
to the point of "once u go bleck! u dont go beck!"

but i had to take it off, caused me attention from the coppers!

ill redo it in a light tint soon :) with my purple brake lights
lol
I know someone who went the cheap route and put black stockings over the taillights of his car.:crazy1:

·
My name is Forrest....
465 Posts
Sorry Guys, but the lenses are made from through colour plastic, wiping with Thinners / Brake fluid will do bugger all except screw the plastic up, and possibly break the weld join between the different colours.

Even if you can get the clear lenses (which you'd have to talk nicely to someone at Hella they make them and could mould some), How are you going to get the red and amber ??

·
Registered
540 Posts
were do you get coloured bulbs from or can you put the colour on the bulb your self.

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
I really dont see the point in cloloured bulbs etc... they look out of place on aussie cars (look much more at home on a kitted up stickered up 1.6 standard lancers). But talking clear blinkers v orange - ie EF - EL .. i prefer the EF clear ones... anyone else?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know someone who painted the inside of their headlight black to get that tinted look.

Problem was he painted it a little too black and had to replace his lights.

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
Knightrider_EF said:
I know someone who painted the inside of their headlight black to get that tinted look.

Problem was he painted it a little too black and had to replace his lights.
Welcome to the boards Knightrider_EF
:s5 :s5 :s5 :hy: :hy: :s5 :s5 :s5

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
On the subject of this, i reckon ford or someone should make the clear lenses for the side blinkers for the EF-EL's. Can't put Fairlane or Fairmont ones as i have to change the whole door mould.

I reckon it will look better than the amber ones and blend in nicer with the clear on the front. Also on the wagons i like the white tail lenses on the EL's.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts