Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an EL Futura, and considering replacing the amber lenses on the side with clear ones (along with fitting EF tail lights in the future too). I have done some researching and it appears i have two options. Either fit AUIII type clean indicators, or NF/NL indicators. With fitting the NF/NL it seems i need some plastic moulding too.

Can any one shed some more light on this, and please post some pics if you have done this mod.

I really like the idea of the NF/NL lenses if its not too hard.

Cheers!

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Someone on the forums was producing clear indicators a while back which would suit the existing EF/EL GLI/FUTURA/XR setup. I cant remember who but maybe someone else knows more, they did look good.

As for the clear Fairlane Ghia ones, you will need the moulding that goes around them, which looks dickly unless you buy the rest of the door moulds as well.

·
EFII Ghia owner
355 Posts
you can get NL/NF clear indicators, but they wont clip in, so what i did was grab some strong double sided tape, and stick em on

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
NZ glued his from memory, he is just waiting for a bulb to blow so he can pull the guard off and replace it ........... LOL

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Dellboy999 said:
NZ glued his from memory, he is just waiting for a bulb to blow so he can pull the guard off and replace it ........... LOL
:clap:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would there be a way to make them clip in, if you were engenious enough? :)
So do they look alright, if you can make them stay, either by double sided tape or glue?

·
Registered
346 Posts
contact this man, he makes the clear indicators your'e chasing. Tell him Gravelrash sent you
[email protected]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EF Dave.. thanks that looks so sweet, but i see you have a whole fairlane moulding down your doors. Not what i was looking at doing, but thanks, damn they look sweet!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
my car has the custom made clear repeaters from the man above :)
deffinately the way to, i've been asked a few times about them at petrol stations.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to every one with there info. I managed to get the last set from the above mentioned man (he will be getting more) I have some pics for you all to see :)
Before:

After:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts