Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I'm after the thermo fan shroud, I've got the 2 motors and fans, it doesnt matter if the shroud has got a few cracks in it because I will be able to weld it up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Can't help you with a shroud, but some advice on fixing one. We use these on teh rally cars and find that the shrouds crack quite often when new. Rather than welding them up, we 'stitch' then using small cable ties. drill 3.5mm holes either side of the crack, spaced about 1cm apart for the length of the crack and stitch it up using a small cable tie on each pair of holes. This allows the shroud to still have some 'give' and they eventually reach a point where they have enough 'give' to stop cracking.

·
Still Dazed and Confused
473 Posts
If the shroud is made of ABS plastic, you'll be able to plastic weld it back together using a soldering iron.

I did a mates front spoiler on a VS commy ( about the size of a frizbee) and it still hasn't come off after 6 months.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ABS is one of the better plastics to weld, I actually do plastic welding at work and have found that later model falcon bumper bars are the worst to weld, I havent checked to see what the thermo shroud is amde out of yet.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i have a shroud, but it has the fans in it,

if you have no luck let me know and i will think about selling it, as i really only need a spare fan motor, as my shroud is sweet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts