Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
EF & ZH owner
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting rid of my car and investing in a EF/EL XR8. What price mark would I be looking at? I'd prefer to buy one thats completley stock as a rock with fairly low k's. Also what is fuel consumption like compared to a EF I6? I get around 400-500kms out of a tank in my car, would a XR8 be much worse? depending on how heavy your foot is of course.. Also performance wise.. What do they go like? Comments will be much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Psychopathic 6cyl. Freak!
22 Posts
A good condition EF XR8 would set you back about 11 - 13K at present. EL's, you are looking around the 13 - 15K mark.

Fuel consumption is naturally higher then the I6; from an educated guess, I'd say 14L/100 in the city, compared to the I6's 12/100. You'd get about 450km city on a granny foot, and about 300km city on a road-rage.

You might also want to note that the XR6 EF/EL's are quicker than the 8's...

·
in theory,its theoretical
281 Posts
i kinda disagree here with a few things. efxr8 11-13k? unlikely. good condition, low k's, manual ef xr6's fetch bout 14-16, good cond xr8 ef would b more 17's. the el xr8 bout 18-19k last time i checkd.

in regards to fuel consumption, goto http://www.trueblueford.com they got heaps of info. no fuel consum. for the xr6, xr8 EL's, but they are the same engine as the fairmont ghia (xr6 & 8 motor) with the followinf specs:

Engine/Gearbox/Bodystyle. City Cycle. Highway Cycle.
4.0 MP EFI auto Fairmont Ghia Sedan. 13.0 8.0
5.0 MP EFI auto Fairmont Ghia Sedan. 14.5 9.0

Malchior is technically right with the performance side of it. The 6's were quicker but a 8 that was run in could just put a nose in front on the quarter. there is always capa superchargers.......

·
EF & ZH owner
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might also want to note that the XR6 EF/EL's are quicker than the 8's...
yeah yeah, I know. but there is no substitute for the sound of a injected windsor! lol

·
in theory,its theoretical
281 Posts
p.s. i have an el fairmont ghia (xr6 motor) and those fuel consump seem pretty close but are a bit friendly. they're gas guzzles!!!. I get bout 510k's of optimax / tank (68l), used to have a vr commodore, would get the same k's for 60l's.

·
Psychopathic 6cyl. Freak!
22 Posts
josh.c said:
i kinda disagree here with a few things. efxr8 11-13k? unlikely. good condition, low k's, manual ef xr6's fetch bout 14-16, good cond xr8 ef would b more 17's. the el xr8 bout 18-19k last time i checkd.

in regards to fuel consumption, goto http://www.trueblueford.com they got heaps of info. no fuel consum. for the xr6, xr8 EL's, but they are the same engine as the fairmont ghia (xr6 & 8 motor) with the followinf specs:

Engine/Gearbox/Bodystyle. City Cycle. Highway Cycle.
4.0 MP EFI auto Fairmont Ghia Sedan. 13.0 8.0
5.0 MP EFI auto Fairmont Ghia Sedan. 14.5 9.0

Malchior is technically right with the performance side of it. The 6's were quicker but a 8 that was run in could just put a nose in front on the quarter. there is always capa superchargers.......
Hey Josh, where are you buying your XR's from, dude? :)

I was referring to the auctions!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
See my sig...

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
^^^^ That is a seriously nice EL XR8.

XR8's stock won't be a great deal quicker than the I6, but sound soo much better.
Fuel efficiency . . . not so good. There is no way in hell I can see you getting 500 in the city. 400 - *maybe* - if your good.

·
EF & ZH owner
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/quote]Any reason the ef/el XCHASR?[/quote]
I honestly don't really like the AU, and I don't have enough money for a BA, Well I could but i'd like to own over half of the car, not the bank! lol and also I love the EL XR's!

Mr Sparkle: Do you have any pictures? it sounds like a VERY nice car. Why are you selling?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts