Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I'm not well known around here, but here's my car anyway.

It's just a 6 cylinder but I don't have any mods to it yet. I'm still deciding whether I should sell this and get a dark blue or dark green EL GLi or just spend some money on the exhaust etc.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Very nice... love the wheels !! are they the CSA FORCE ??

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for comments guys.

eb_5litre: Yeh they are CSA Force, I got them because they look the closest to the Speedline mags that they used on the Ford Predator (But not as expensive).

Ford Man: The car's got about 98000k on it (had 96000k when I bought it). I'm pretty happy with it, although the power seems to be a bit lower than what I expected (which is the reason for the exhaust upgrades possibly). Its got comfortable seats and the climate control is pretty nice (although any sort of air-conditioning is nice when your previous car didn't have any :) ).

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aussie Falcon said:
Nice looking car. It looks lowered also.

ps. you may want to edit out your number plate.
Yeh I got it lowered 1.5 inches by Fulcrum suspension.

haha, that's not my plate, I was going to blank it out, but I decided to just put the same number over each letter instead. :)

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yeah nice mate! :thumbup:

If you're after something a bit different, don't sell it!!! A Gli ain't worth the downgrade for a different colour in paint!! If you want to "spice it up" a bit, then try going aftermarket with the exhaust / headers. SHould give it a nice meaty note and give you some more herbs to play with :D

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Hey Mangrovejack: good to see you in here mate. The car looks a treat. Hope to see you around the forum more in the future...

P.S. Hows the stereo and exhaust....

Nipper........

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nipper, the stereo is heaps better than the stock one, just need to replace the front speakers now. As for the the exhaust, I still haven't got one, I think it's better if I pay off the rest of the car first, so pretty much everything I earn is going to the finance company.

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
Is it a series one?....
You should get the back 'Ghia' badge and put it under the fairmont one like the series two had..
Cant get enough of a good ghia :)

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeh Ghia, I'm actually suprised that it didn't have the Ghia under the fairmont badge, so is it only the series two onwards that have it? How much would one cost?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah like what el2xr8 said, don't sell your Ghia for a poverty pack GLi cause of the colour. I say keep it, and looks beaut with the wheels.
Hmm how much did the wheels set ya back if you don't mind me askin, i'm assuming there 17's.

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EF_Falcon_Guy, I got the wheels with tyres for 2500. I think I got a bit ripped off, but hey that's the way it is. Yeh they're 17's. I just wish CSA made the Force style wheel in 18", it'd look a bit better.

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
Yeah, on the series one they didn't put the Ghia badge under the Fairmont badge, only the series two.
They cost about $12 i think from the ford spare parts section.

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
Hey I know that name!
mangrovejack's got the same wheels as I got on the ute...these are one of the few that comply to the load rating for ford utes(non 1 tonner and XR8's)
They are easy to clean eh mangrovejack!
$2350 is what I paid for them with Bridgestone 225/50 G/grid2's(bobjane's)
So what kind of fronts are you getting, splits or coaxial?

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeh those CSA alloys are pretty tough wheels too (Let's just say I had a bit of a mishap at night and hit a non-too-soft item). I took them off the following day and there was nothing wrong them. Yeh they are very easy to clean, nice wide open spaces around the spokes.

The audio side is going good, I'm following the July Asylum tutorial on door pods and making some this weekend hopefully.

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nup, never done any fibreglassing or vinyling either. I guess there's a first for everything. Actually I probably have to ask at CAA, the only thingI'm not sure about is attaching it to the door frame without visible screws.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts