Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I know my car is not an XR6/8 but it does have the XR6 engine, so that should mean something :)

I have the premium sound system in it but no CD stacker. I bought an Alpine 6 cd stacker and the adapter. My question is does Ford provide a cable that goes from the head unit to the rear parcel shelf or do I have to run the cable myself that came with the stacker? Also, if I have to run the cable myself, how hard is it to plug into the head unit without dismantling anything? Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mangrove Jack,

My best advise to you is to have the unit professional installed. The Alpine stacker will adapt to the premium sound system, but they are very easily damaged by energy ******. If you accidential ***** the radio say good night to the sound system.

Peter.

C

·
0 Posts
Hey Mangrovejack,

I am very interested to know where you bought the adapter for the stacker. I am in the same boat as you, and am intersted in purchasing one of the adapters... the only shops I have seen will not sell the adapter by itself. Also how much was it.
Thankyou very much.

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris, I live in QLD, so this probably won't be of any use to you, but anyway: I got the 6 cd changer from MLC Kedron (part of Brisbane car sound). They wanted 95 bucks for the adapter whereas Northfield wanted $40. MLC had the changer cheaper than Northfield, so I asked MLC if they could match the price from Northfield. They did match it, but even then, 40 bucks for a 6 inch cable with a standard DIN on one side and a ford connector on the other side is still a huge profit for them. Hope this helps.

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks, The only places that even know what I'm talking about are all expensive. They will only supply the adapter if they install their expensive stacker.... which all ends up very costly compared to everywhere else.

A

·
0 Posts
I had similar problem, Alpine head unit, Ford stacker. Ford weren't selling cable back then, had to buy full head/CD package, so Alpine dealer ordered direct from Alpine. Cost about $70.

Have since updated to a Ford head unit with same stacker. Had to get the adaptor as Alpine cable not compatible with Ford head.

Agree, go for the professional installation. Then you can take it out on somebody else if ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts