Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just wanted to know a few things about my new EF. I know a few of my questions would be best off in various threads but id have to make several posts alll over the place so if you guys could just lump what info you can for me that'd be ace. im trying to prioritize the fix ups.

1) A worn drive belt tensioner - not sitting straight ?? does that need to be replaced immdeitely and what could cause it and waht can come of not replacing it ? my mechanic said "do it asap" jarvis said "not a direct problem"

2) What can happen with sagged RH engine mounts ? anthing major ?

3) Anybody know how to get radio codes on cars via the VIN or engine # ?

4) Know how to "de-cloud" the dash display ? That is the clear plastic ?

finally..

5) KNow where in SA to get coloured sleeves for the dash globes ?

6) What sort of K&N set up / generic intake would be better than a stock EF ?

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
For the radio codes, call Ford with the VIN, they have them on file for the last 10 years.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
even easier, go to http://www.myford.com.au, sign up your car and enter your VIN. You'll then be able to access the factory records for your car too.

Re K&N, its all much of a muchness really, my personal preference would be a K&N panel filter with an EL intake going from airbox to throttle body, as it is less restrctive than the EF one. I havent done this yet, but I have the parts coming.

If you wanted to go even further you could do a Cold Air Intake through the brake duct, but it does involve cutting through panels and seeing as mine are all of 1 week old I'm not in any mood to start cutting them up!

What's making your dash cloudy? Is there condensation buildup behind there or just a build up of dirt and grime etc? Either way, you can pull it out and give it a good clean. If you wanted to do the bash lights a different colour that'd be the best time to do it - get it all out in one hit and save having to take it all apart again later.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
back2thefutura said:
even easier, go to http://www.myford.com.au, sign up your car and enter your VIN. You'll then be able to access the factory records for your car too.
Ahh, didn't know that. Spose I would of if they'd let me sign up.....damn computers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts