Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am about to cry, reverseing my EF XR6 and ripped of the front spoiler, have you guys had this happen, and how much am i up for to get it fixed, the whole thing is totallly torn.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
u would probably be better off getting a whole new one... as the plastic welding... although it works wont be a strong as the original therefore will probably crack or tear again. best of luck.

Shan.

·
grippin'n'rippin
250 Posts
you can prolly get a nice spoiler from one of many body kit places for the same price as the new one, maybe even cheaper. It would look a lot better than a standard one too. Something to think about.

·
3FB Educator!
527 Posts
Cost from Ford is $577.50.
Cost from Fibresports is $199.00.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont do this with out insurance guys. I got qoutes today, all around $2500, front spoiler is 2 parts, each worth $750 - 900 each. They will dismantle the whole front to put in all back together in one peice. Ouch.

·
Registered
797 Posts
$2500?? are they making those damn things out of gold these days?

The aftermarket ones from fibresports are made of fibreglass (as well as all other aftermarket spoilers. Just have a hunt around wreckers too ... maybe u fall lucky.

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
I did this to my car once. Went to the local shops and parked. Didnt notice the front spoiler over the gutter. Backed up to go home and yep, cos the cars lowered the gutter just ripped off the left hand side of the front spoiler. I was cursing. Tore it in the middle. Had to replace with new spoiler. Bout $500 and a couplke hundred to paint it. real dumb thing to do. Im alot more careful nowdays

1 - 13 of 13 Posts