Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GUN.40L
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas i got an ef ghia with the premium sound system package. ive been having alot of problems with my head deck, it plays as normal everything lights up normally although no sound comes out. i took it to an electrician he gave it back said he fixed it but still has the same problem, what seems to happen is that one day it wont be working the next u go over a bump and it works. before it comes back it crackles. i checked all the wiring and evrything is fine. although now it has stoped and no matter how big the bump it wont work! i took it to ford they said it has a dry joint somewhere and it will be a bitch to repair and the best they could do was exhange me for one that has been repaired with 12 months warranty at a price of $250! anyone else had any problems like this? any recomdations? any help would be good thanks guys!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hiya ,
if you live in melb ill give you the addy and phone # for FMS which are in industial estate near dingley apparantley they had a problem with ef series 1 premium head unit.
Address is 31 Woodlands drive Braeside Phone 9796 4855 Fax 9796 3577

·
GUN.40L
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the adress. although im in sydney, i got a quote from sinclair ford down here in penrith for $250 exchange for oen that has been repaired with one year warranty. i tried all the places to get it repaired and no one could fix it.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
This by chance doesn't happen only with CD's does it? Mine does this. It cuts in and out when someone closes the boot or the car hits a bump etc. In my case it's the loom coming out of the stacker. Wiggle it and it comes good. Failing that, I'd really think of upgrading the headunit if you're talking $250 anyway. MP3 unit perhaps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts