Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not the yellowing prob! I was looking at the wiring diagram in the Gregory's manual and it appears that the Fairmont lights have high and high/low globes while the Falcon ones only have high and low. In other words, the low beam in the Fairmont also change up to high beam. Does anyone know if this is the case?

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Ive got a funny feeling this is correct, as my EL Ghia used to be brighter with the highbeam on then the GLI??

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's one of those strange things, on one hand why would they make them different and on the other hand it makes the Fairmonts a bit more special. Bit like the XE Ghia I suppose, but there's not the same obvious difference. Perhaps if I ever need to replace the headlights on the ute I'll get Fairmont ones and do a bit of plastic surgery to make them fit.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Yeh that is the case. Its strange though. But about 3 months ago i was in an front accident and had all my headlights replaced and I swear that they are SOOOOO much brighter now. I reckon its just as god as a ghia!! My cars a 97 Futura

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Futura97 that could be because of the new headlights getting rid of the old yellow headlight crap. From what I can see by the time the EL came out they had the plastic formulation right to avoid this problem, so any replacement EF lights made after that would also be better.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
outback_ute,

My original ones never really had that much yellow on em anyway. From what i heard, they reckon that the yellowing problem was fixed on the EL's. Doen't matter really... I'm just happy I can see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts