Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i seen an AU series 1 Forte with EF 15" XR6 mags... whats the deal? i thought they were different off set... or can AU and BA's run earlier series mags??? Whats the go?

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
The are way different offset. EF series is between 0 to 6 offset (dependin on rim width). AU is 35 to 42 offset. So the e- series ones would stick out about an inch further than the AU offset ones. Good for cutting tyres on the inside lip of the guards (I know from experience)

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
you could probably get away with it on the rear but the fronts would get all chopped up real quick.
Remember, a lot of people have no idea about offset, they see falcon rims and a matching stud pattern and away they go.
Just hope it doesnt get into an accident cause the insurance is now VOID!!!

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
Unless someone has now produced earlier wheels for newer models. Sounds stupid and unviable!

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh i agree guys... i couldnt beleive them when i seen them!!! theres plenty of other better au rims out the than ef 15"ers... just a query, thanks any :hy:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
if they only stick out about an inch more then standard, then wouldn't 7" wide EF XR wheels only sit just as far as 8" XR wheels?
I've seen a AU 1 tonner with Turbo blades on it.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
More like 35mm, not an inch - ie heaps! I've seen an AU wagon with EF/L 16" Ticky's on it, looked tough as the way the wheels stuck out, but as above, not something to recommend. Also you'd be putting more load on the wheel bearings and also upset the steering geometry a bit.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
You could by the EL 16 inch rims after market, cant remember who makes them but maybe they have an AU offset or something. Neways i dunno why you would bother going back in time, its alright to put new rims on an older car, but to put old rims on a newer car - I dont think so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts