Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's,

What i wana do is go out and buy an old manual ford, then take the manual out of it and put it into my car.

Iv read the conversion guide, but im unsure on whether i can use an EA EB ED, most old falcon manuals out there are those models so i just need to know if everything from them will suit, will i need an EF manual Computer or will the EAetc manual computer work ok? i read somewhere that EA series one doesn have smartlock or something, are there any other things to consider?

Cheers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can not use an EA-ED computer as they have a different pin count. You can use an EF but to use your computer all you have to do is to 'short' the tranny wiring so that it is in neutral all the time and hook up the reversing lights. Do some more research.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i can get a complete EF Manual, how big of a job is it to swap transmissions, my EF is auto so i wanna put the manual in mine and visa versa. Do the computers swap straight over & plug straight in?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ok,
Computer aside....as i am not sure if the EF has a remote trans computer or its internal (am told its not internal..but i find that hard to believe due to heat constraints with computers)

Anyway..... You need to get the pedal box also, they are different...to swap the pedal box involves removing the dash...probably the biggest headache!

If you are buying from a wrecker, buy a conversion kit! they will include everything you need except spigot bearing.

Cheers
Jas

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill have to do some research on the computer..

Just curious, why would ther pedal box be different, are we talking about the EF to EF swap or the EB the Ef swap?

Not buying from a wrecker, buying private sale, with the plans to transfer my auto back to the other car and resell it to recover some of my money.

Cheers

·
Registered
827 Posts
Unlike the X series, where the clutch and prake pedal share the same pivot shaft, the E-series has a seperate shaft for each.
An E series Auto pedal box has no provision for a clutch pedal.

I also looked at not changing this part, and found it difficult...i could do it, but it is simpler to swap the box...4 hours in and out for the dash....aftermarket add-ons not counted for!

Cheers
Jas

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cheers, so no worries there i can change the pedal box over.

Does anyone know if a manual computer will just plug straight into my car which currently has the auto computer in it, or are adjustments needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts