Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day
I'm about to service my EF fairmont. I was reading in the manual that i'm only meant to use motorcraft AFL 1 oil filters and motorcraft Spark plugs AGS 42CC
gap: 1.0 - 1.1mm

considering i'm going to put Penzzoil in and not their little motorcraft oil (sounds like it's from kmart) can i use other spark plugs eg. NGK or Champion?
and what about the oil filter, it says it can damage the engine not using the motorcraft oil filter,
Is this just some crap spun off by ford? or do i seriously have to use motorcraft plugs and filters?

thanks in advance!

ps. need an answer relativly quickly as i'm buying the oils etc today

·
grippin'n'rippin
250 Posts
Champion, ngk, bosch and many other spark plug companies make spark plugs for all ford falcons and a lot of them are better than stock items. Oil is probably the most importaint thing in your engine, so better the oil better for your engine. using synthetic oil is better for your engine than the mineral one, but a lot more expensive. Regardless of its price, it is a wise investment (and yes, it is an investment), as it protects your engine better than the mineral oil and will make it last longer. If you're not sure what oil to pick, ask the guy behind the counter which oils you can use with your car than pick one. Make sure you get the right grade. Stick with one type of oil. Don't be stingy when it comes to oil as it is the heart and soul of your engine. Oil filters, just get the right type and bobs u'r uncle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts