Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LET EM' RIPPP
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.

Does anyone know if the front and rear sway bars from the EF/EL can be put onto the EA. At a quick look they are quite similar, anyone know for sure??

Any info would save me some time.

Thanks!!

Simon

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Sorry I can't say for sure, but there were no changes to the basic suspension layout or components EA-EL, the most important change was the front alignment settings with the EB but I can't see that affecting the sway bars.

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
Go to the Whiteline Suspension site - somewhere on there you can call up a listing of swaybars - ie. see if the EF and EA ones are the same part number (the list will include std replacement as well as upgraded ones). That listing also has diameters as a matter of interest - ie. you can see what sizes are fitted to different models.

·
NON TURBO XF....
240 Posts
i put an el xr8 rear axle under my xf and used the el xr8 rear sway bar - mouted straight up with the correct mounting bushes.

·
LET EM' RIPPP
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys.
I just checked out the whiteline site, same part number for EA-L, so they should be a straight swap. Thanks for the suggestion EDFUTURA!!

The reason I want to do the swap is because as I was browsing through a Nolothane parts book at my mates work and noticed that there was a decent difference between sway bar sizes. Since i'll be changing all the bushes, I may as well get some bigger bars as well.

I think the EA standard rear is 18mm, whereas its 22mm for the stock EF/L.

And the EA front was 22mm (I think), and 26mm for the stock EF, and 27mm for the S Pack.

I doubt the wreckers will charge too much for the parts, so with a bit of luck, it will be a cheap upgrade. I hope I notice a difference.

Thanks guys

Simon

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
No worries - I'm glad you found the info you were after.

Also, as a matter of interest - for bushes etc. IMO the best to use are Superpro - go to the Superpro site (www.superpro.com.au) to find what you want and part numbers, then go to the whiteline site and in their shop section enter the part numbers you want and bingo you'll get the price (and of course you can buy them from there too if you want). In fact I'm pretty sure you can print out the catalogue from Superpro.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Ea's had 22mm rear bars and 26mm front bars.
The only changes made along the way were bigger front bars, to 27mm.

Rick.

·
LET EM' RIPPP
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sizes I mentioned were out of the Nolathane book, I might have to get out the Vernier and see for my self.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts