Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking through the search engine, but I can't find any answers. SO.
Does anybody know if a trip computer/Ghia dash will plug straight into an EF GLi dash?

Alex

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Trip computer requires the addition of 2 wires from the cluster wiring connectors aswell as the wires that are already behind the trip computer location.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aw nuts, I was hoping it wasn't like the EA :(

Cheers fellas
Alex

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, what are the differences in the looms between the models? Are there as many looms as in the earlier models?
Is it just the dash looms that differ?

Alex

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
There is another site that has complete instructions on how to add the trip computer to the EF/L series

Wont mention it just incase i get in trouble for it... but you have a PM with it

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
i'm fairly sure you're able to mention fordmods.com on here now :)
things have calmed down between the 2 sites as seen from the recent heathcote meet where members from fordmods attended :)

but yes, fordmods have a tutorial on installing an trip computer to an EF.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How come theres problems? You'd have thought two Ford clubs would get on well together....:eyebrow:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have currently got my dash appart (94 EF Fairmont) because my tripmeter vdo stopped working. After being advised by ford and all wreckers in WA that I had to replace it with one from the same model I thought what the heck I will try using parts from another model because mine are as rare as hens teeth. I got a dash from a 96 standard ute and went to work. much to my surprise the ute dash has the oil pressure and alt guages hiddden behind a cover but the dash board circuit was not setup for these guages. This and the missing needles is the only difference between dashes. I just pulled the dashes totally apart and used the tripmeter vdo (and white surround) from the standard dash and placed it onto mine and to all the people who advised me it would not work, IT DID!
So you should be right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts