Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
welliti tonight I had the chance to run in my new EF Gli (still stock) against a VT berlina. Im clocking 180,000kms, the VT 55,000kms, and yeah from green, both in just drive, and power buttons on, and stalled up, he made half a car length throught the lights, then once my EF kicked that 5000grand change from 1st it was even stevens then the overtaking procedure kicked in, my mate in his VT said after i passed him he kept going till 60 but them stopped me I hit 60 too, but I was at least 2 cars ahead, has anybody else had a run in with VT commo's in an EF? i EF's were quick n all and what could I expect agaisnt VN's and VR/VS's ? assuming of course in a few weeks when she gets mouth to mouth - by that i mean an headers/exhaust.

·
Registered
847 Posts
hehehe always goood to see another commo go down, once she's breathin again she'll be even better. Go get yoursel a K&N or BMC filter and t series airbox snorkel aswell and you're laughing.

6pAc

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
I've run a VT calais in my mum's EF and was about half a car length in frint all the way. VN's are a different story, unfortunately my EF can't beat em...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
the older commodores are quicker then the new ones, it really depends on the cars a lot of the time.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
^ true , the older ones seem to be quicker.....i guess due to weight.

The Falcon has afew more Kw's and Nm's than the VT so im sure that helped a bit once you got going.....

Well done!

James

(nice way to spend my 1000th post .... isnt it)

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
I haven't run the infamous VL....................yet............:dev2:

Had some idiot in his Dad's brand new VY Calais try me a few nights back, he looked quite surprised when we pulled up!:eek:wned: (always wanted to use that smilie!)

VT's dont seem to be that hard to take, the only one I've ever tried was a Berlina with a bodykit, and I didnt feel too safe on the particular strecth of road so I didn't go through with it.

And that, I am both proud and sorry to say, is my entire racing experience in one post! :wnc: :fraz:

·
Formerly: SmokeEA
1,117 Posts
I've managed to beat a VX Clubby to 40km/h, but then all that V8 torque just made me look stupid. Still, a CARBY 6 takin off quicker then a Injected 8, hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
How much does a VT weight? N/A it's only got what, 148kw?

Mum's is sluggish as, you've really gotta mash the pedal to go anywhere quickly. I reckon even the Fairlane would of ripped it by half a length at a minimum.

·
WHAT ARE U LOOKIN AT RAT!
118 Posts
I was told from vt onwards the timing is changed from take off. like when u boot it from take off, the computer is programmed to not let it wheel spin... which seems to be true after driving one. They seem sluggish from take off.

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
VT==>VY are easy to take down.

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
i beat a vx spac once, it had a t-wing and it just pissed me off!

also beat an ef ghia v8 once, i love the tickford six!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i smashed away a vx poverty pack commo the other week from the lights, my lane was running out, and he wanted me to run out of the black stuff, hahaha, stupid commo drivers.

smashing away i dont mean ridiculous wheel spin, smoke everywhere, and he was 100000m behind me, just enough to shut him up and get ahead. and in my mind i said to my self ..... OK CYA!!!

my brother reckons he can smash me in his wagon, but you have to absolutely have you foot flat to the floor to get anything out of it. when i drive it i am not as game in it as i am in mine, cuz you put your foot down, and it does nothing... i spose it would help if it had been serviced in the last 35,000 k's. he has the firmest accel pedel in the world, you need concrete boots to put it flat nacker

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
VN will smash the newer ones as the weight comes into the frame...

they still use the 3.8ltrs i even found a nicely tuned vn6 keeps with the 5ltr in 0-100 after that its bye bye as the 8 gets the legs..

ef vs vn thats gunna be a hard quest depends on boths cars conditions really..

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
crowbar said:
I was told from vt onwards the timing is changed from take off. like when u boot it from take off, the computer is programmed to not let it wheel spin... which seems to be true after driving one. They seem sluggish from take off.
VT onwards have traction control. Well our Calais does, dunno if it was an option or what.

It sucks around corners. So I turn it off ;)

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have only had a few runs with VX's and even a supercharged V6. The supercharged on caned me off the line but the EF caught up pretty quick after 50km/h but I realised i had got done! I didnt stall it up that time and usually never do.

·
waitin 4 swoop 2 catch up
479 Posts
well ishould be able to polvarize vt's then seeing im able to beat vn's

·
8 cylinder symphony
1,348 Posts
well i chopped an MR lancer lancer last night...didn't even bother revving it out...hit about 4k and backed off...he had fully sick chromies and ricey kit and was revving up next too me...i wasn't going to run him, but I thought I had to put him in his place...thinking a 1.8L has a chance against a 5L pffft...riceboys!

I was pissed he made me do that...thats the first time in i dont know how long i have revved her that hard...damn v8's and fuel consumption!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts