Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to Motorvation and I saw an awesome EF XR6 there which had a dyno printout for 240hp at the wheels naturally aspirated. It had an unusual twin throttle body setup on it as well as a good exhaust and crow cam. Im not sure what else the car had done to it but it was awesome. I was just wondering what sort of potential these motors have as EF XR6's are quite cheap to buy and if they can be built to go hard for little money I will consider buying one. I suppose a good option is to bolt on a turbo ;)

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Hell yeah they have potential! 240 hp = 168 kW, which is not bad at all, but not that impressive either IMO. They can go better. From memory the EL produces 165 or 175 at the fly, so allowing for power loss from the auto he's picked up maybe 30 or 40 kW? He can get more yet :hehe:
Course I don't remember the power figures that well so I could be making a dickhead of myself, but I think I'm right.
Have a look around, there are some blokes on here getting pretty bloody good power outputs. Personally, I've only done EF intake, exhaust, and manual to mine and I have little trouble flogging auto v8s....:wnc: Total cost of $500 - mind you I wreck my own cars so the box cost me $30 hehe, otherwise it would have been about $1500.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well there is a sweet, manual, EF XR6 for sale here at the moment for $10,500. One owner, low kms and apparently immaculate in every way. Worth it you think?

·
Registered
774 Posts
That's pretty cheap in my opinion.

·
Registered
529 Posts
240hp at the wheels is like 310hp at the flywheel!!

That car would have easily come in second at the summernats hp heros 6 NA class.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
$10k isn't too bad, Sim just paid about $10 for his EF Fairmont Ghia. Go for it mate!
Or, as a cheaper alternative, get a GLi for $8k or so then spend $2k on the engine hehe

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
or buy a 2k EA 5speed and spend 6k on the engine/diff and get a low 14sec high 13sec 175rwkw car.

·
Fitted.....
168 Posts
hey,
i know which EF ya on about, Its a 5spd manual
It has twin throttle body's, new pistoins (to give 10.1:1compression ratio) stage 3 crow camm, ummm.... and a cople more things i cant thing of right now.

Toby

·
Registered
102 Posts
any idea or pics on how the twin throttle body's were set up?

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
twin TB's seem a waist of cash. AS the stock tb can flow arround 400bhp/300kw.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha wank stain. I dont know him I was just admiring the very unusual ttb setup on his car. Just wondering what makes him a wank stain?

SVO XR6 I have seen your car a number of times around Connolly which is where I live. Nice bro.

·
Gonna miss the ED :(
733 Posts
Mongrel EB wrote - 10k isn't too bad, Sim just paid about $10 for his EF Fairmont Ghia. Go for it mate!
Or, as a cheaper alternative, get a GLi for $8k or so then spend $2k on the engine hehe

Mate, sim got ripped. 10 bucks is way to much for an EF ghia
:p

·
Registered
102 Posts
can u get some pics on this ttb?? itd be interesting to look at i dont think there a waste of time either walkinshaw thed be on there for a reason dont u think??

·
Registered
586 Posts
Connoly?
Dont even know where that is? Im north near duncraig/carine area.
The guy is just a wanker, hangs out with a bunch of commie poofs and thinks he is king dik.
Nice car but!
The twin tb set up is weird, it bolted onto the std bottom half of the intake main.
Defeats the purpose?
Tb flows to 400-450 as does the mani. WTF?
Best thing to do is take the std tb out a little, 68mm ish.

That ef has got stg 2 crow cam, head done at constekis (spelling???), 2 tbs, unichip, and a miltispark device of some kind along with a bunch of other shiny box things under the bonnet. Also dont forget the dry sump.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm thats weird, I have seen you on Hodges drive a few times and I live just off there. I live near Joondalup Golf Course if that helps. Anyway I have seen your beast and it looks nice ;)

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
Twin TB's are usually used to increase bottom end aren't they? - ie. the Commodore Group A type of setup? (ie. one body smaller and opening earlier than the other). If this guy only has a Crow ST2 and is pulling those sorts of figures then that TB setup could be a real breakthru!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Mate, sim got ripped. 10 bucks is way to much for an EF ghia
Yeh it was from a dealer though

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
mongrelEB said:
$10k isn't too bad, Sim just paid about $10 for his EF Fairmont Ghia. Go for it mate!
YEAH, buy a GLi!! ... *looks at my signature* :)

\/ \/ \/

1 - 20 of 86 Posts