Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate of mine has this XR and he bought it second hand from a dealer. Problem is it pings no much, but enough to notice. It has a sports exhaust from the head to the tail pipe and he only runs it on premium.

I found out today that it has an exhaut leak at the head, which I think will throw out the sensor?????

He's had the Injection system cleaned and he's had Ford run a check. No probs!!

He only gets 300 klm's out of a tank!!!!!!!

What do you think?

·
Australian XR6 Member
124 Posts
Re: EF XR6

Hi LTDHO

EF XR6 has a knock sensor and under normal circumstances should compensate for any pinging

The fuel economy is definetely not good.
I have an EF XR6 manual which gives me 500Km per tank around town and over 600Km on a cruise
Is he sure that the fuel gauge is reading acurately and not showing empty while still having a 1/4 of a tank left?

Maybe get a second opinion on the engine diagnosis ;)

Cheers,

Alan

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
I've got an EF BroadBand manifold on my ED and have noticed that the butterflies in the manifold can rattle - particularly if the adjustment stop at the front is not right - which sounds very much like pinging.

Fuel consumption should be waay better than that - the exhaust isn't blocked is it? (that might also cause pinging).

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the exhaust came loose from the head. I didn't fit them. Which the owner had refitted for $25. He has decided to sell it,which I think it's a shame, cause it's a great car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts