Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just lettin you guys know what i'm up to. I done a silly thing on the weekend. I've pulled the dash apart on sunday in an attempt to fix an intermittent problem with on of the illuminent lights for the aircon switch. I got my mate to re-solder the faulty light. But when i was taking it off i broke the air selector switch knob, :( :( :( :(

Went to ford an they said i have to buy a whole new unit for $319.00. I was :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got a whole unit with the switch i needed for $50.00 and i'll fix it tonite and let you guys know.:thumbup:

On the briht side it's a good day for my car not to be on the road it's pissin rain at my work.

T

·
0 Posts
tsk tsk tsk...boy's and there soldering Iron's. like a farmer with a chainsaw.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i hope i get no dramas puttin it all together tonite.

Also just for the record the switch gear of the air controls changed from the EF series 1 to Series II. Looks the same from outside but abit different inside.

:confused: :confused:

Geez ford know how to make money, $319.00 for the unit new. Lucky theres wreckers, i went to fordham spares in rockdale they got stacks of ford stuff at decent prices too. I went to a local wrecker around my area they wanted $75.00 for the same thing.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Heh I took paart the dash in the XF and it was bad enough, then i did have to remove the whole thing from the car. You're game taking apart the one of an EF :eek:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I once pulled the dash off the EB, replaced the Heater Coil, put the dash back on, started the car and blew the display cluster so friggen hard that the windscreen cracked.

That stain in the seat is still there...:evil:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
I only managed to blow up the speedo on the XF.

"Honestly officer I didn't know I was speeding the speedo said i was standing still, i thought the world was moving around me" :rolleyes:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
laminge said:
That stain in the seat is still there...:evil:
I'm just not going there... And either are you DK.. ;)

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Yep it's a freaking nasty job to do...tryin to find a heater core that would work in the XF i ended up doing about 4 complete dashboard removals before I could find one that was still Ok. Luckily I didn't have to put the bastards back in :D :wink2: except for the one in my car of course.:CraZ:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
So whats your problem? Yeah if you don't do it for a liveing you will have dramas. I did a Mitsubishi Mirage dash trying to find a rattle in a new car, not even delivered, had the entire dash and heater unit out in 1 1/2hours. Some bugger had dumped a pack of rivets in the heater channels! Also help pull the dash out of a 1997 Mercedes S class, the real big bugger, to do the heater core. 2 mechanics who knew what they were doing with all the manuals under the sun AND advice from the service trainong department still took 2 DAYS to get the thing out! Then took another 2 days to put it back in and all this was full time. The funny thing was while the dash was out the windscreen cracked! Took 5 weeks for the windscreen to arrive.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Guys,

Yippppppppeeeeeeeeeeee my baby is back on teh road, fixed it no dramas :D :D :D :D :D
Took only 1 hour to put it all back.

Yeah i have to explain i didn't take the enitre dash. The dash is still on just the front console bit(half the dash) the bit with all the swtichs it's pretty easy as i've done it a few time, plus i got the workshop manual for my baby.
Yeah fords are petty easy to work with.

I have to say taking the entire dah apart will be a bummer cause i'm worried if things don't go back the way it should.

The reason fo me learning about the inside bits is, one day i took my car into a ford dealer and when i got it back and they effed it, so i had to trace one by one where the squecks and rattles are and what bolts missing and bit by bit i took it to pieces, i know where all the bits that make noise are, so i've put extra foam on bits to stop it making noise.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aussie falcon,

yeah i'll be abit worried if that was my car. what they did to jasons car. I think i'll leave my clutch how it is.

imagine some one doing that in your AU fairmont:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Re: you think that is bad..

Aussie Falcon said:
A friend of mine (Jason, white EB6 on dyno day), had some work done to his car last year and his mechanic emailed him these progress pics. I think he was getting his clutch pedal strengthened...

Are you sure thats an XR6? First of all the exhaust looks like a standard 6cyl, and thats only a 3 guage cluster, the XRs had 6 guages....:confused::confused:

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
Actually, removing the EF dash isn't that hard. Its basically held in by steel hooks and 4 bolts. Still takes a good few hours to Remove and Replace it though :mmm:

Kieron

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
New guy at work started to fit a CD stacker to a new Merc C class. Console out, radio, auto climate, had the stacker fitted in the glovebox as per destructions than found,1: radio wouldn't accept the stacker so swapped radio,2: radio 2 wouldn't accept stacker so then spent 2 hours finding out why. Reason? Crushed fibre optic harness. Also found that the stacker should be in boot! Correct harness on slow boat from Germany! Guy can now strip a C class in a day! BTW the things have about 20km of wires in them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
FTEfan
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing