Ford Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I dunno what's going on with my car (stock EB V8, auto) but it's been getting better & better with fuel economy.

After the GOR cruise, I filled up at 520km, with 100km left in the tank (10c/litre price difference b/w pakenham & gippsland). I was expecting to get maybe 350km to *that* tank...

On the highway I find that I'm now getting low to mid 9's per 100km.

For normal driving (85% highway/country, 15% urban/"fun"), I'm geting low 11's per 100km.

I'm using whatever the cheapest 91RON fuel is that's available, and I haven't changed my driving style, yet it's running sweeter with every fresh tank :wtf:

Oh, and it's due for a service :angel:

-Dave-

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
I've found there is a BIG difference between h/w and city cycles on a modified EFI windsor. I'll get around 11 on highway cycle but driving as lightly as I can around the hills where I live I'm currently on around 20L/100ks

·
Slightly Supercharged
464 Posts
Cruising around i'd say 14L/100km about right. Foot down, not exactly sure but its a LOT. Maybe 2-3L per km? or 200-300L/100km. A lot....

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
4.9 EF Futura said:
Cruising around i'd say 14L/100km about right. Foot down, not exactly sure but its a LOT. Maybe 2-3L per km? or 200-300L/100km. A lot....
:AAHHH: 200-300L/100km! You must get little more than 32.5km from a tank! Boy those blowers are thirsty :wnc:

·
mmm..Vee 8
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for all the feedback so far guys..

Basically with my car...i only drive it on the weekends...so say i put in $40 of petrol...(fuel gauge orignally on 1/4)...it goes up to over 3/4 full (as indicated by gauge)...i find with 2 full days of driving its back to just over 1/4 again...i cant tell my exact km usuage as the odometer/trip meter is currently out of order...ive tried babying it around as well it seems not to make a difference..

I think i may have a dud sensor somewhere perhaps?

Extreme

·
Slightly Supercharged
464 Posts
!Gn|T|0n said:
:AAHHH: 200-300L/100km! You must get little more than 32.5km from a tank! Boy those blowers are thirsty :wnc:
Yes with foot down/boost up i get a fair bit of pressure building up in the fuel rail thanks to the FMU.

But when crusing ive found its actually an improvement over standard consumption. Just gotta resist temptation.....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts