Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peoples,
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good (+ not too expensive) 2.5" Exhaust + extractors for a I6 96 Falcon. Also, (this may be a bit general but,) do most local exhaust places make pretty good quality exhausts for your money??
I don't want the sound of a try-hard V8, just a nice-sounding six (burble), especially stainless steel exhausts...one of the cats has been replaced only last July so I don't want an entire system.

A while ago I went to a local (Carline) exhaust dealer and asked the guy about systems for my car...he said that you can't make a Falcon 6 sound that good at all (I don't believe him!!) There isn't really many Falcom 6's with aftermarket systems in my area so I haven't really heard what a good (EL) six REALLY sound like, although there are one or two EB's around- but they don't sound THAT good

I have a mate that has a 86' Skyline with a stainless steel exhaust fitted to it and it sounds pretty good so that has made me want to get one!!
Comments appreciated

·
XR8 XR6 Club of Victoria
272 Posts
"EL".

Try Jenroy Wholesale Exhaust P/L in Coburg

I visited there about 6 months ago to get a Y piece to fix some extractors for an XE.
The owner had to go and get one end of the Y piece flared.

He pulled away in a AU Ghia and it sounded like a V8.
It was actually the 6 !!
Sounded very, very nice.

Can't remember the guys name (cannot find the business card) but these were "nice" people and the prices where very reasonable.
He was prepared to do an XR club discount.

Recommend you go have a listen if you can. Otherwise ring them up and ask about the setup.

·
Australian AU Member
86 Posts
If you are still looking at exhaust options I hope I can be of assisstance HM Headers are by far the Best all round.
With the interference design it gives a lot more Low down Torque
& Mid Range Power.These Header come complete with High Flow Cats.If you need any more info please contact me,**** Webb
Ph. 039876 8586 or Email

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
how to Genie headers compare to HM Headers? Aren't HM Headers just press bent and Genie are mandrel hence they would theoretically flow better

i have a 87 skyline with a 2.5 from the cat back (middle of the car). It has a hi-flow muffler half way between the cat and the tip. It then has a resonator behind the tip to cut highway boom. I had a hotdog on it it up until yesterday but it was too noisy for my liking

my next car will be an elxr6 so i will be in the same situation

How much does the HM kit cost?

·
Green Falcon Driver
342 Posts
EL 6 sounds sick

Mate that bloke is cleary a D#@K!!!! I'm pround to say that my car sounds sick (seconded only by the 5.0L windsor :) )

I got my exhaust ( 2.5 " from the cat back) at a local exhaust shop and i'm very happy with the result. Nice sound down low and sweet as up high in the revs...

I have no resonator, but droning is a minor concern. I wish i could get some sounds on here for ya boys (+ ladies).

Got my exhaust system for $275 including nice crome tip.

Yeah the EF/EL engine note is far superior to the EB/ED in my opinion ( not that they sound bad)

Let us know what you choose and the results.

Cheers Pat

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i got a 21/2 inch Mandrel bend exhaust on the wagon. Just after the cat i've got a hotdog then a muffler, and another muffler just before the exhuast tip, gives a nice note and no droan. Must admit it's one of the quieter 21/2 inch setups but thats what i was after a deeper note but nothing loud that it takes refinement of the car.
The car really rocks after 2500rpm. :s2: :s2:

A mild (not lumpy) cam and HM or Pacemakers are in the pipeline for the future.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Give Herrod Motorsport (Thomastown) a ring, he has HPC coated headers and complete systems (headers + high flow cats, stainless exhaust) for the I6 designed by them which do a great job! Sound great and improve power, torque and fuel economy.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
A mild (not lumpy) cam and HM or Pacemakers are in the pipeline for the future.
When are you installing the missing two cylinders?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

When are you installing the missing two cylinders?
Hehehe, there commin along with a new body, IRS suspension and new re-spray 17 inch wheels basically an (X R 8) after Uni hopefully.

:s2: :s2: :s2:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:

Hehehe, there commin along with a new body, IRS suspension and new re-spray 17 inch wheels basically an (X R 8) after Uni hopefully.

:s2: :s2: :s2:
Have I got a deal for you around about that time:

"XR8, driven gently on weekends only. Some mods, but driven purely for economy. Original set of tyres (used three other sets on the other set of rear rims) and as new in all respects (based on Holden quality levels)........"

he, he, he :crazy1:

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
best system ive heard on an EL was HM heads (or genie cant remember) and 2.25 system, 1 straight trough muffler (similar set up to me, maybe im just biased)

PS casey Exhausts are very good (in Berwick) but are pretty popular and so arent THAT easy to get in to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts