Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I was looking at getting an EL XR6 soonish, however, being 18 and having already lost my license caused the insurance companies to pretty much tell me to go piss in the wind.
SO I wanna get an EL Fairmont, my question is, do they come in manuals?

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Nope!! :( If you go for an EF2 Ghia or later, you do get the XR6 engine though.. makes up a bit for not having a manual box..

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
Mate i would suggest you go for a 96 EFII Fairmont Ghia rather then EL Fairmont. Simply because you get a lot more fruit in the Ghia, the leather and sound system are the two big one IMO. and yes the XR6 engine! Plus you might save a few buck which equals few mods! :D

I have an auto EL and she is pretty good! Can take a lot of s$%^. :nuts: :D :nuts: :D

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
I too had trouble finding insurance when i was 18 and wanted to get an EB Ghia - but the insurance co. wouldnt insure me cos of it being considered a luxury car (this was with AAMI by the way)

But if you have the choice between a fairmont and a ghia - get the ghia.

My friend had an EL ghia - did 0-100 in 7.55 - auto and all the luxo features you could want!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, thats what I thought.
Thanks for the input guys, and I probably will go for an EFII if thats the different (hmm Tickford badges).
Next question then, one which I know I'm not gunna like the answer for, how much would I be looking at to chuck an EFII XR Manual box at it?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
TickfordEB said:
I too had trouble finding insurance when i was 18 and wanted to get an EB Ghia - but the insurance co. wouldnt insure me cos of it being considered a luxury car (this was with AAMI by the way)

But if you have the choice between a fairmont and a ghia - get the ghia.

My friend had an EL ghia - did 0-100 in 7.55 - auto and all the luxo features you could want!
Thats quick times your mate got for his Ghia, i'm assuming it was a bent 8. :cool: :cool:
My baby would be lucky to make it a whisker under 8 secs 0-100km.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.