Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,

My '96 futura wagon has recently had issues running on petrol (she's a LPG convert... and my wallet is very thankful for that!). Initially I thought it was a problem with the injectors, $450 and 6 new injectors later, same problem... on cyl 1,3,5 there is no pulse to the injectors, so no fuel to those cylinders when running on petrol (and a 3cyl falcon drives like sh*t). Experts think the computer's on the fritz. Any ideas as to how hard/expensive it'd be to replace or where to get a replacement from? Was thinking wreckers, or ex-taxi.

Cheers,
Jon

·
BIG XR
4 Posts
By the sounds of it i think your right, a fried ecu would cause that. seems strange though its just on those cylinders. but i would try the wreckers for sure, and if its not that you can always take the computer back right.

·
BA Barracus
95 Posts
The injectors recieve a ground from ecu to open, and the power comes from the ignition relay. I would unplug all injectors and check with a multimeter that all six plugs have power on one of the sockets in each plug with the igniton switch on.
If they do, then it probably is the ecu, but i would check the main plug(s) on ecu in passenger kick panel, maybe a bad connection there.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts