·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Is it a CD player or just a tape deck?

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the Premium Sound System, as found in the EL GT.

Consists of the following;

Double DIN Head Unit, which is tape etc, also Digital Sound Processor,
6 Stacker CD Player, for the boot
7 Speakers, includes 4 mids, 2 tweeters and a sub
An amp

Will fit into any EL, EF etc

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be happy to part for it for $400, no less, that would include all speakers, both head units, stacker, external amp, cd wire, not sure about other wires, would have to look how hard to get out of car..............

Jas

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mate, i will take it for $400. that stereo is worth $6000.oo complete NEW.... Yes believe it!! (you have the radio code of course?)

T

·
0 Posts
If it's the same stereo I had in my LTD, (95DF) you will have to change the power plug/s to suit your car (83 Fairmont Ghia). They are not the same.

·
Registered
82 Posts
what to run the amp and extra speakers?

VilkasMaximus: why did you rip it out, wrecking car?? my g/f has one in her EL fairmont ghia and they are pretty nice, should of been a option in a XR

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cobraXR said:
what to run the amp and extra speakers?

VilkasMaximus: why did you rip it out, wrecking car?? my g/f has one in her EL fairmont ghia and they are pretty nice, should of been a option in a XR
Ok mate, if you are interested in buying it, contact me [email protected]

Why did I rip it out, because I now run the following,

Pioneer DEX-P1 Head unit, single DIN CD/Tuner, includes 4 volt pre out, DSP etc, Pioneer CDX-2000 12 Stacker, MTX 2300 (2x200watt rms), MTX 4300 (4x70watt rms), Boston Acoustics Pro 3 Way speakers, 2xMTX Thunder 7000 15" subs

And still to come, third amp, speakers for the rear, and maybe DVD stacker and screen.............

Jas

·
Australia XF ford fairmont Ghia Member
89 Posts
sell it 2 cobra

u might aswell sell it 2 cobra mate cos i cant find a double din mounting plate to install the headunit .........

unless anyone know werre i can get one>?

please email me

thanks

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cobraXR said:
Damn... I wouldn't park that thing at any shopping centre car park! I will email you now.
Too right, got a point there, I am very paranoid where I park it, but if something did happen I have great resources to track anyone down.........I actually walk 3 kms every day to catch the train to work, so I don't have to park it at the train station.

Jas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts