Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The control panel for the air conditioning climate control is acting up. When i start up the car, its all fine, after a few minutes it just stops working. By stops working what i mean is the control panel stops working, the heat and cold air still blows out but i cant adjust it and it wont adjust itself based on ambient temperatures. The more alarming part of this is not being able to de fog the windscreen.

So to sum it up, after ignition after a about 1 minutes the air conditioning control panel stops responding and ALL the lights on its display turn on even if i have it turned off.
This image shows what i mean.
Gas Display device Machine Font Gadget

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
Sounds like a failure of the electronic side of the HVAC controls. Probably has a faulty chip that dies out when it warms up, how long does it take after you turn off the car for it to display correctly again?
BTW, how old is it?

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
Now that DON'T sound like a failing chip. Usually they take a few to cool down. I asked the age because I'm not very familiar with Australian Fords, but it might be a software issue if Sync is on it.

·
Super Moderator
4,001 Posts
Run the self test procedure:

a) Get engine to normal operating temperature (at least 45 degrees C).
b) Sit in car with doors closed and turn the ignition on.
c) Press the "Mode" and "Off" button at the same time (well press the "mode" button a micro-second before the"Off button or it will just turn off) and hold them both down for a second or two before releasing them simultaneously.
d) The control panel should them display 88.8 degrees while it takes a few minutes running a self test and opening and closing all the vacuum operated blend doors etc. It should then either display one of 8 possible a fault code or just display "OFF" if there are no faults detected. This procedure will also reset the Automatic Climate Control System computer if it has simply hung due to an electronic glitch as occasionally happens.

The possible fault codes are:

E1 Electronic Control Unit
E2 Blend Door Servo Motor
E3 Cabin Sensor
E4 Solar Sensor
E5 Ambient Sensor
E6 Evaporator Temperature Sensor
E7 Engine Temperature sensor
E8 EEC V Communication Line Fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts