Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XR has a shagged clutch.

It had a twin plate ceramic/copper one in there but she died.

Does anyone know a good place to get somthing simular?

Cheers.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
SVO XR6 said:
Hell, why not? hehehe
i can think of many reasons....

Torn firewall.
bent pedal box.
stretched clutch cable.
bent throwout arm.

just some of the problem with heavy clutches...ive been through them all . Dont do it to yourself.....

James

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
jeez your on the ball today kerry! Only one minute after my post!!!
hahahah

James

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the peddel box/cable.
Does anyone know how to get the box out?
Its friggin hard!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you know how to get it out but?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have all the dash out and frustrated as hellll!

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
there is a way of getting the pedal box out with out the removal of the dash , just by removing the steering column.....theres a thread around about it at the moment...

james

381 Posts
Mish, I just took my pedal box out of my EA today. To do it I took the whole dash out in the one go. You dont take it out bit by bit. First the center consol, then glove box but the rest of the dash comes out in one piece. I think thats its the easiest way to do it. While you problably could take it out without taking the dash out you would be ripping your hair out. I suggest you buy a gregories car manual that will explain how to do it. The manual suggested the steering colum should be taken out completely but it doesnt. Just undo the two nuts holding it up, then the steering column will rest on the floor. Also while the dash is out, it makes it easier to fix the ripped firewall that I have. I will be reinforcing the old pedal box. As I have a TIG welder this will do the firewall and there will be no weld splatter. I will do the pedal box with a combination of both MIG and TIG welds. The engineers at Ford shoud be shot because its such an unnecessary fault. If they just used a bit thicker steel in these areas with a bit more reinforcing (probably worth $5) they could save a job which is probably with $1000 to fix. Mish you can come and look at my manual if you wish and see how I reinforce the pedel box.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the basterd out!
Like you said, dash out in 1 piece. But gotta wait a week for box to get here.
Im also getting it reinforced.yay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts