Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 2 months of searching for a car i was soooooo close to owning a 97 5spd XR6. The RACV gave the big thumbs up to the engine, suspension, transmission etc however the body was in poor condition due to a previous accident the RACV advised me in not so many words to steer clear of this "twisted peice of metal" as it had unalligned panels, body distortion, crease in the roof etc.

Anyway the story gets even worse during the week i had noticed 2 EL 5spd XR6 for sale in melbourne with bodykit and sunroof both priced at $14.5k (one white, one red)! So after i told the other guy i wasnt going to buy his car i immedaitly rang up the owners of the other 2 EL's only to find out that for the 17th time i had once again been beaten to the line and both EL's were both sold!

So now the search continues for an EL maybe EF XR6, if anyone knows, see's or has one for sale please let me know! It must have reasonable km's and be a manual, bodylit and sunroof preffered but not essential! so everyone keep your eyes peeled for any EL XR6 for sale in and around Melbourne!

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Moral of the story: Always ring every car ASAP and look it ASAP

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
i saw a el xr6 5spd at melbournes cheapest cars the other week id had every thing you mentioned plus a k&n air filter, pacemaker extractors, king springs (low), dark tinted windows, 3" exhatst system, and more and only going for $13.700 so naturally i acted quick got $12,000 from the bank accout -(all that i had in there)- got to mel cheapest cars went to get my car as a trade in and while i was getting my car valued some other guy was signing the rego papers and contract, and as soon as i went for the final look at the el just to make sure i wasn't seeing things i saw the dealer guy wave good buy and the new owner drive of :nothpy: :chainsaw: :nothpy:

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
I have a contact in Albury who's told me there's an EF XR6 down there. Is that too far for you, or would you like me to get some more info?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
keep ur eyes out, u always get the car u want :D
just have to wait!

·
Registered
102 Posts
true that lets see how long i have to wait for a ef2 futura white with full service history arund 100,000 k's with no rust dents etc.... non smoker aswell lololol and no crappy boot spoiler

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
i could have given you exactly that about a week ago, i could offer it to you now but it has no front end......is that any good to you?! :wnc:

·
Registered
102 Posts
mmmm no front end jus like the ed lololol nah thanks for th offer but it needs to be straight in top nick :)

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
hehe that's ok, I was joking anyway!

I do actually know of 2 EF's going for sale around here (Wagga Wagga) though, one is white with 17's, lowered and an exhaust (I havent seen inside it so I dont know about audio/interior etc), the other is Heritage Green, has 16" genuine EF FTR's on it, 2x 12" subs, Powerchip Gold, exhaust, K&N Filter, Blue Dash mod done and a few other things I cant remember off the top of my head. I can get you more info on either of tehse is you're interested, just let me know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
prices on the two?? i was looking for a stock one as ive already got a shitload of parts waiting to be transfered thanx :)

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
The Heritage Green one is $10,500 and should be ready for sale by Wednesday. The owner/seller is a mate of mine, so once he knows whats he's doing with it I'll let you know.

As for the white one, I might save that one for myself just in case my car is unrepairable, if I dont need it, then I'll find some details for you! lol!

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
I'm not too sure yet, smash repair guy said he would put the quote in on Friday, and seeing as the 'assessment' is comprised of him taking digital photos and emailing them to NRMA so they can tell him to fix or not, I'd say I'll know for sure on Monday whats happening to it.

Anywho, wait and see I guess.

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
you going to buy the wreck back and sell of the parts?

I'd be more than happy to purchase that exhaust off you :)

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
if it ends up as a wreck I'm not going to buy it, but if I can get some parts off it I will. I'd like to get the exhaust off it and the CD player, so yeah if i get it (assuming they dont repair it which they still might), I'll whack it up for sale I'd say.

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
Nice one. (well not really, im sure you would have loved to have kept it straight) I just hope I have the internet happening when and if you decide to sell.

·
1.3 Kilometers per Litre
130 Posts
frd_pwr said:
Well after 2 months of searching for a car i was soooooo close to owning a 97 5spd XR6. The RACV gave the big thumbs up to the engine, suspension, transmission etc however the body was in poor condition due to a previous accident the RACV advised me in not so many words to steer clear of this "twisted peice of metal" as it had unalligned panels, body distortion, crease in the roof etc.

Anyway the story gets even worse during the week i had noticed 2 EL 5spd XR6 for sale in melbourne with bodykit and sunroof both priced at $14.5k (one white, one red)! So after i told the other guy i wasnt going to buy his car i immedaitly rang up the owners of the other 2 EL's only to find out that for the 17th time i had once again been beaten to the line and both EL's were both sold!

So now the search continues for an EL maybe EF XR6, if anyone knows, see's or has one for sale please let me know! It must have reasonable km's and be a manual, bodylit and sunroof preffered but not essential! so everyone keep your eyes peeled for any EL XR6 for sale in and around Melbourne!

Try Central Ford in Kilmore, about 40ks north of Melbourne. Last time I looked, they had two EL XR6s. One was white, the other red. One was manual with a roof. Both had low ks.

It can't hurt to ask!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Cool thanks for replies, back2thefutura if only you knew of so many XR6's for sale closer to Melbourne (Wagga wagga and albury is a bit far for me! :( ), still searching not much in the trading post this week, oh well only 6 more days till the next trading post comes out and with only 2 weeks till i'm 18 and 3 weeks to i go for my licence i want my car now dammit! that way i can start go on cruises or meets

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
yeah I know the feeling of wanting your car! I still ahve to wait 3 weeks!

Anyway, AFAIK the XR in Albury and the cars here in Wagga are still for sale, and I dont need to buy them as mine is fixable, so if you want specs or anything like that just PM me and I'll get some details for you.

Wagga's only a few hrs by train, and a lot of highway kms on the way back - good first run for you and the car! :wnc:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah cheers mate that would be good if you could get specs, any mods, price, km's etc of the all the cars you know for sale if you've got time, also any chance of pictures? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts