Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EB 5.0 FALCON
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
im getting and EB XR6 and i want to put EL XR8 mags on it, are these 16's or 17's and how much do they cost second hand?

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
usually 16", although i think Ford might have made them in both 15's and 16's?

A good set would probably go for around $500-600 with half decent rubber, thats just a guess though.

Good luck finding them, theyre a mighty fine looking wheel.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
They are 16x7, but you can also get a copy version in 17". Also I think the EL series 1 came with 15" standard, but that might have been only on the EF.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
my brother has sold several sets for 1500 bucks each time.. nice wheels! we have some now if u want

·
EB 5.0 FALCON
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1500 sounds a bit steep considering u can get ba xr6 17" for 1500 and thats with tyres. im not spending more than a grand.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
yeh i kno... but thats what were gettin and theyres plenty of demand... we just buy em from swap meets and the like

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
outback_ute is right, EL1 came with 15's standard, but the 5 spoker 16's were optional (as they were with the EF). EL2 got the 16's standard.
As said, they are available as copies in both 16 and 17, I believe they are made by ANZ.
Check out the marketplace, since they go occasionally. Brand new, I wouldn't pay more than $1600 with tyres ($1700 will get you 17" EL-GT copies with tyres).
Second hand, obviously less (seen them for around the $1000 or less, with varying degrees of rubber). They can be tricky to find, I looked for a year, before giving up and getting EL-GT's. As usual, about 3 sets were advertised about a month after putting on the new rims. . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts