Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
AUPS Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at getting an el xr8. I was wondering which model the 185kw came out in was in the series 2 only?

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Mr Jucy said:
The 185kw cars have twin exhaust tips is an easy way to check if it still has the originals on it.
Twin exhaust tips became standard from the 170 kw EF XR8 in late 1994.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
^^^ ... as per FPV site article. Ignore the bit that says they are in high demand on the 2nd hand market though... that, my friends, is a total crock.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
why do u say that? i thought th el2 xr8s woulda been very popular??? :shrug:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Supa R00 said:
why do u say that? i thought th el2 xr8s woulda been very popular??? :shrug:
Maybe because I have one, manual and modified, that I couldn't sell... and it's hardly a "poor example"...

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
oh ok... didnt know that, beats me why otherwise! :huh:

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
sounds good! i do like the el xr shape... still i woulda thought they would be popular... why is this? because of the BA?

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
smciner1 said:
Twin exhaust tips became standard from the 170 kw EF XR8 in late 1994.
I know they changed the exhaust but I thought they still had a single tip untill the 185. I can't find anything to back me up but I remember before the 185 cars came out we could always spot unmarked police cars around our way cause they had the twin tips when all the other XR8s only had the single.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
The twin exhaust came in with EL from the start. That was 172KW & 398 nm.

I {THINK} 185kw was introduced as running changes with its 345.1 diff and not from the start of the series.

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
The 185Kw was an upgrade release in EL-II, my old red XR8 was one of the 1st released and was registered 24/11/97.

The upgrade included 185Kw engine c/w exhaust mods, A/C included ant no cost, and 16" XR wheels standard.

I had no trouble getting a good trade in, and the vehicle was sold from the yard in under 2 weeks, and looking thru carsales.com.au or drive you will rarely find more than 10 available for sale Australia wide.

It was an excellent vehicle, will no problems other than brake wear, A pair of DBA rotors and performax pads solved that. Otherwise no issues and an top buy if you can score one.

Loved that car. Love the BA XR8 even more.

·
Not a Twink
1,086 Posts
RED_EL_XR8 said:
The 185Kw was an upgrade release in EL-II, my old red XR8 was one of the 1st released and was registered 24/11/97.

The upgrade included 185Kw engine c/w exhaust mods, A/C included ant no cost, and 16" XR wheels standard.

I had no trouble getting a good trade in, and the vehicle was sold from the yard in under 2 weeks, and looking thru carsales.com.au or drive you will rarely find more than 10 available for sale Australia wide.

It was an excellent vehicle, will no problems other than brake wear, A pair of DBA rotors and performax pads solved that. Otherwise no issues and an top buy if you can score one.

Loved that car. Love the BA XR8 even more.
Have to agree, there are stuff all around. I'm looking for one (damn always pick the rare cars to buy), there are plenty of autos but no manuals.

Theres a stock manual (could be wrong maybe auto) for $27,000 here in perth but can anyone spell dreaming.

If anyone knows where I can find a manual one let me know :)

·
A Fully Sick " Can't "
583 Posts
huh? 27 gorillas?

Thats a bit extreme wouldn't you say...I would think they would be rare, but not that damn rare.

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
$27K is a lot extreme.

Had the EL compared to a 3 series beamer. Got high teens for the EL the beamer same age got mid 20's. consider $48K for the EL and $65K+ for the beamer same age new.

Factory service for the EL never over $300.00 average service for the BMW $1500+ then talk about resale of local product.

Do the sums including fuel, I'll keep buying Falcons! And the guys at Strapp were helpful all the way. NSW BMW dealers should think how customers react to $60 for replacement washer fluid. The dill bought a CV8R and it pees on the euro it replaced. Next time he'll buy a ford and realise true value.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts