Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody tell me if the heads on this model are gt-40 cast iron and if the inlet manifold on this model is worth keeping.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What size is the maf? If not sure,on the outside.Is it the same dia the whole length or does it shrink real small in the middle?58mmIf same you have the higher output engine 70mm.
Is the inlet inline or stagered? If stagered yes better setup.Which means you have the better heads.But if you want real power you cannot beat after market alloy heads.Or Ford alloy good too.svo=Yates.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul

I was discussing the whether the GT40p heads were used on the EL2 with Dave (sorry forgot your last name). He took of his intake to clean it and saw none of the markings the P heads are supposed to have like the 4 bars or GTP cast into it. The fact that the factory headers were the same type as fitted to the EL GT and other Falcon headers bolt straight up would suggest they are the regular castings. OF course that's not to suggest that some late production versions didn't make it out the factory with the P heads...

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My el2 is mid 1998 so it is the 185kw engine.I have found a site in the u.s.a. which talks about the ford explorer and the engine it runs in v8 spec. Now i know that i have been told numerous times that the v8 that is in our late model el2 (185kw)is the engine out of the ford explorer in the states. This website mentions that the standard explorer engine has GT-40 heads up until mid 1997. After that date the heads were replaced with GT-40p units. Now unless Ford Oz were purchasing old superseded engines for our cars i can't see why we don't have GT-40 or GT-40p cylinder heads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts